Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Ace 2 Tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Extremely disappointed in the kids fitbit ace 2. Bought for active 6 year old son who loves tracking his activity and earning badges and trophies and also having some responsibility with going to bed and getting up with the alarms etc. Not to mention he could wear it swimming. He absolutely loved this. Really easy to use and comfortable for him. However, the tracker popped out during a trip to soft play, strap still intact and attached to his wrist. He is distraught, not to mention he saved his own money to buy it. After lots of research, we bought this as it was specifically for kids, supposed to be durable etc and to quote fitbit 'Go where kids go, play where kids play' Unfortunately not the case for us. Really disappointed, did not expect this in a tracker designed specifically for kids?? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Chelle2804  from the Fitbit article on how to find a lost tracker: "Try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your device. For iPhone, try LightBlue Explorer. For Android, try Bluetooth Finder."

There are a few different apps you can use. If you're within 20 to 25 feet, the tracker will sync. Can you go back and try to locate it?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Chelle2804  from the Fitbit article on how to find a lost tracker: "Try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your device. For iPhone, try LightBlue Explorer. For Android, try Bluetooth Finder."

There are a few different apps you can use. If you're within 20 to 25 feet, the tracker will sync. Can you go back and try to locate it?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Yes, I know exactly where we were when it was lost. That's the most
frustrating thing, I know it's in the soft play but needle in a haystack!!!

I had no idea there was such a thing as a bluetooth finder, I will look
into this and try go back tomorrow before the battery dies and try again.

Thanks for your help.

Michelle
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chelle2804 welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. I'm also sorry to hear that your son's Fitbit Ace 2 got lost. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback.

Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can review it and assist you accordingly. You will receive an email from them soon.

Please visit this page which provides more information about the warranty policies.

Thank you for your help @Odyssey13.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

The same thing happened to our sons, got home from cousins house to realise the tracker had popped out the strap! Searched their house high and low but can’t find it. Tried syncing but no response, we think the battery must have died. Did you ever manage to find yours? 

Best Answer
Yes, we did find it!!! I downloaded an app called find my fitbit and went
back to the place to give it a try. I really wasnt expecting to find it. I
paid about £3-£5 for the app but could not believe it when it actually lead
us to it!! In a soft play of all places and the size of the tracker!!
Needle in a haystack but we were so lucky that the app worked for us. It
works on a hot/cold basis depending on the distance you are away from it,
however this may only work for you if you know for sure where it was lost
and if there is still battery.

Good luck!!
Best Answer
Ah thanks for replying, that’s brilliant you found it! I don’t think we’ll be as lucky as the battery level on the app (so what it was before we lost contact) was only low so I doubt it’ll have any charge left. But we think it was at my sisters house so worth a try. Thanks 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Similar thing happened to my son's Ace 2.  Band must have unhooked while he was playing in the sandbox at school, he noticed it was missing when he returned inside from recess.  I came to the school with my phone to detect it with bluetooth, searched through the entire sandbox for it, and couldn't find it.  He had previous problems with the band unhooking while being worn.  It's disheartening that a product marketed for active kids doesn't stay on the wrists of active kids.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit and I must say how impressed I have been with their customer service, really cannot fault them! Maybe you should do the same? xx

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My son LOVED his and we had ours for 2 weeks and the tracker fell out of the band. We have searched the ENTIRE AREA and still cannot find it. I will try a bluetooth tracker today also though, but I believe the battery is probably really close to being dead. 

We haven't even had the band long enough for it to stretch out or wear out for the tracker to fall out of the band. I do believe that this is 100% from a band that does not hold the tracker in well. 

I'm glad someone else had a better experience with customer service. I called and they said 'there's nothing they can do.' I'm VERY unhappy with them. Was anyone else able to get their issue resolved? Should I try calling back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m going to see if we can find my son’s at camp tomorrow, if possible.  I wish there were a more secure strap for this!!!! The fitbit fell right out of it during a normal day of play.  Super disappointed in the design on a device meant for kids.  My son was digging in the lost and found pretty miserably today and has no idea where the Thing is.  We thought we’d try the fitbit after the battery on his last tracker from another company died, but I’d rather replace a device once a year than every couple of months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We downloaded a Bluetooth trackers app and found it. Thank goodness.

I’m pretty upset with customer service though, it seems they handled a lot of other situations better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow-up to this, I was totally disappointed in the response to my call today.  After chatting/speaking with three customer service agents and wasting over an hour on it, I got nowhere.  The design is flawed, and leads to likely loss.  The person I was escalated to was very terse with me and uninterested in my feedback about the device and our experience with it.  He just kept repeating to me that the warranty doesn't cover it and I tried to reiterate that that wasn't my point.  I don't think this represents the best of fitbit's customer service as I've had to contact them before and had a good outcome.  Best advice I think, given that collectively my family has had 7 or 8 various charge model (1-4) fitbits over the years with no issues, is maybe buy an adult small-profile model if you have an active kid that actually runs/jumps/climbs.  He previously had a Garmin vivofit jr. that worked fine for the year its battery was anticipated to last, no loss of tracker from the band despite it being removable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just figured this out after using a Bluetooth tracker to locate my son's missing Ace 2 tracker. It fell out of the watch band while on his wrist. This tracker is an Inspire -- its been rebranded as Ace 2 for kids because of the one piece silicone band it comes with. It has the same hinge grooves as the Inspire/Inspire HR and can take Inspire bands. I am ordering an Inspire compatible band to help prevent this nightmare from happening again.

Try purchasing an Inspire/Inspire HR compatible band. Its the same tracker... just packaged for kids with a once piece silicone band... I have an inspire HR and tried the band on it after I located it via a bluetooth tracker. It fits perfectly. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Wow! So many people losing it, I suggest getting fitbit inspire bands because they are compatible and they don’t use a case to go in, they are normal bands, also someone on youtube made a video which if you click here will show you how to put one in. Anyways you should ALSO get a Bluetooth tracker app with that in case that for some reason does not work. Also if you want here are The bands that come with the inspire. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes