Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Changed time and lost data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden I looked and my Fitbit alta was off (not displaying time) yesterday afternoon.  I plugged in (should have had 1/2-3/4 battery) and it said battery dead.  Data came across the display like it was resetting.  I let it charge.  I put it back on.  This morning I looked (use as watch) and noticed the time was 2 hr behind.  My app says it syncs as I manually do it,  but it also says last sync was Feb 27.  I lot all the data from the 27th to today (3rd).  Now the data will be wrong (I need the sleep tracker!!!) Espically since it's off by 2 hr.  Dont know how to fix it.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ndirishwoman, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. Let me share with you that our Fitbit devices use your mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, by simply syncing your Alta it should display the correct time

However. this may be fixed by updating the time zone setting in your Personal Settings. For step-by-step instructions, please see our help article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

In regards the information that was unfortunately lost due to the time your device was not turning on, I suggest you to manually log your stats following the steps that are specified on: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, I checked, my timezone is
correct. I tried to switch back to choosing. (It was on auto) that didnt
help. I also "restarted" the device 3x. Still is not fixed. I sync it
but it doesnt work. It says synced successful and will show my steps for
the day but ONLY that. BUT, when you look at it, it still says it is on
med battery (not correct) and says last sync is Feb 27th at 4:10 pm.
Nothing is fixing the time. And the syncing is not working as it says it
does. I manually log my sleep now, but wasnt before.because I relied on
it. It also wont register on the app. I logged out and logged back in.
That doesnt help. I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Erin
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta will charge but does not show the correct time or date.  My Fitbit App  will not register .

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit also turned off randomly when it was charged and displayed the wrong time twice since then. This has not happened before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes