Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Thursday I have had to charge my fitbit alta HR 3 times.  Additionally my HR wont turn off, even though my settings are set to auto.   Last night I reset it & charged it.  When I took it off the charger this morning it was working for a few hours.   I put it back on after my shower & the screen was blank.   I hooked it back up to the charger & only get the fitbit symbol & a battery with an "!".   It does not vibrate when I hook the charger up & does nothing when I try to restart.  Also when I tried to sync it this morning before it stopped working it would not sync.   Thanks for your help.   Brandie

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Now I hook it to the charger & suddenly it goes from a battery with "!" to fully charged.  But if I unplug it goes back to being blank.   

Best Answer

Just had exactly the same only a year and a bit old, battery showing the ! sign in it, done a restart shows battery as being fully charged then discharges in a matter of minutes. An expensive piece of equipment if it only lasts 18 months and the battery cannot be replaced. I have emailed Customer Support

Best Answer

Where did you find an email for customer support?  When I click help I dont get an option to email.  Thanks.  

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me yesterday as well.  Anybody know what's going on????

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It start a day or two ago.  I thought something was wrong with my Fitbit and do not have the money for a new one with job situation right now. Not sure how to contact support either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with customer support this morning.  She said my device needed to be replaced.  I was outside of my warranty but received a discount code to buy a new one.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep all the batteries are dying out the same time. You can't replace them so that's it you have to buy a new one and as you see they may send you a discount code to buy another of their products that will again only last a year or so. What a joke of a product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs can find it through the home page 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Out of warranty sent me a coupon.  What a joke is right.  Can anyone recommend a similar but more reliable fitness tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course these things die after a few years, they are electronics.  Electronics that are used daily.  Fitbit offering a discount after the warranty has expired is pretty good customer service.  I was ready to buy a new one even without the discount.   I'm satisfied with the results I received after chatting with customer service.   

Best Answer

Few years? It's lasted 10 months. More fool you is all i can say

Best Answer
0 Votes

10 months? Yesterday you said 18 months. That is a big difference. I'm not a fool, you are just an unsatisfied person.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was brought 18 months ago I only started using it in May dullard. That can be proved my dashboard not that I have anything to prove to you. You're clearly thick enough to keep throwing good money after bad on crap products . Bravo 

Best Answer
0 Votes