Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR will no longer sync.  I've chatted with customer service, who told me that my device has reached the end of its life, so I have ordered a new device and I'm manually logging my steps daily. 

I lost about 10 days of steps - is there any way to recover this information?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @pianolady30 , you can manually log your steps in the Fitbit app.  From the opening screen on your app click on the exercise tile (“Track your exercise”) On the next screen choose the stop watch icon top right and then choose “log previous”.  There you can log your walks - however you will be asked to log distance rather than steps.

Depending on your phone you may be able to use “Mobile Track” to allow the Fitbit app to track all your steps using your phone only while you are waiting for your new Fitbit to arrive..  (Mobile track is not compatible with all phones.)

To set up Mobile Track and learn more about it please see this help article .  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I don't know how they get away with this planned obsolescence. I bought this device forever, not for two years or whatever. What a ripoff. Now I have to buy another device that I don't want, when I already know how to use the one I have that was working perfectly until Fitbit arbitrarily decides to break it - just because they can? I'd love to hear how they defend this. Total BS if you ask me, and it's enough to make me stop using Fitbit if it's really true.

Best Answer

I'm pretty mad about this, too.  I try hard to repair rather than replace.  My Alta is old and basic, but that's all I want or need.  Now it won't sync. 

I will not be buying a new product from Fitbit.  Should I decide to get another tracker, it will be from a different company that supports its users.

Best Answer