Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device becomes unresponsive several times

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently I have had to restart my Alta at least once/week because it becomes unresponsive even when it has plenty of battery left. This is frustrating, as you can imagine, and when it becomes unresponsive it doesn't track any steps or sleep. What can I do?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Lhmom53, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate the information and details that were shared in your post, thanks for restarting your device prior to posting too. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know what happens when your Alta device is unresponsive? The device is still on but not tracking information and not responding to taps? Or is your device unresponsive like it's not charged? When was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then?

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same experience with my Fitbit Alta. I have reset it,and synched again, and am hoping that has resolved the issue... I will see tomorrow. 

Best Answer

Im having the same problem over the last few days.

Best Answer

I've been experiencing the same problem for about 3 weeks. The battery is full but not responding to taps. The alta comes on when plugged in but goes off about 5 minutes after unplugging. Frustrated!

Best Answer
Over the past couple of weeks, my Fitbit Alta has just stopped working altogether even though there is battery left. It doesn’t respond to taps and sometimes even if I attach it to the charger, it won’t charge even after resetting (pushing the button on the USB charger 3 times in a row). It did it again today so I lost all my steps from sometime yesterday as well as my sleep hours.

I should be receiving a replacement in the mail but right now I am out of the country for 5 weeks so I had to buy a new one in the meantime.
Best Answer

Can the resolution to this be shared please. My Fitbit only becomes active again once I put it on charge. I have done the hard reset but to no avail. Thanks

Best Answer
They are sending me a replacement Alta as apparently there is no fix at this point.
Best Answer
I wasn't offered a replacement.  They gave me a 25% discount on the purchase of another Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mr. Moderator.  Mine does the same as poster.  I can tap it all day and it wont respond.  just a black face plate.  so I plug it in and it says / shows about 85-90%, charge left on the device.  Any ideas?  It's very frustrating.. I just posted today somewhere else on this board.. re. the same issue.. not seeing this one first... Help.. Please 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No fix.....call Fitbit. Huh

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey everyone., so after fighting and arguing with my Alta, I gave in.. it won.. so sad so much money went down the drain in such a short time of owning it... People.. Don't get the Alta.. it's not worth the headache, aggravations.. and most of all.. miss out on challenges.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,  Me too.  Your story / issues are identical to mine.  Coincidence?  Hmm.   Maybe that was the plan from the company.  Start off with a short lasting one just to get to know the program/Fitbit.  Over a short period of time, the internal battery goes dead causing one to purchase an upgrade.  Thats my theory anyway.  I did upgrade as what the company wants one to do. More profitable.  They sell two or more to one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes