Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR is charged and syncing but the display is not working. It still vibrates with my reminder but will not display no matter what I do. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Cmolter412, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. I suggest you to follow the below steps to restart your Alta HR and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work on mine. It vibrated when I pressed the button but the display didn't come back on...

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @twinzmom2.

Thanks for trying the steps from my previous post, I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I’m having the same issue. Fitbit is still syncing to my app and it still vibrates, but nothing will show up on the screen. I’ve followed your instructions and tried to reset and it vibrates when I push the button, but nothing on the screen. Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer

Tried this with my band too but still did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's my problem too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having the same problem.

I tried restarting as per your instructions but that didn't work either.  I did feel it vibrate each time I pressed the button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! It's a pleasure for me to continue providing assistance on this thread.

I'm sorry to know that you guys are experiencing difficulties with the display of your Alta HR devices. My best advice to fix this will be to try the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. If such steps don't resolve the issue, please get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance directly with them. I can also contact them for you guys via email, just let me know who needs help with this and I'll be more than happy to proceed.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Though I have an Alta, not an Alta HR. I tried resetting, felt it vibrate, no results. Can you put me in contact with customer supporter on this matter please. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Ricardo  I followed your previous instructions and customer support contacted me.  My situation has been resolved.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as everybody else, and have tried your suggestion twice.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • My Alta has a display when it is plugged in, but the minute I unplug it, there is no display.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems there are a lot of people having this issue that resetting isn't fixing! Your reply stated you would have customer service contact me but I have not heard anything from them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would recommend you follow this link for customer service

please get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance directly with them.

Best Answer

Emma, as Ricardo suggested:

please get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance directly with them.

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry - I'm looking for help, too.  I have no idea how to have Customer Service contact you.
Best Answer
0 Votes