Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta signal interfering with wireless mouse

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got an Alta HR.  It is wireless and paired to my smartphone.  The moment I sat down to my laptop while wearing the Alta HR, my wireless mouse started acting strange.  I have read other comments about the wireless fitbit Charge HR interfering with a wireless mouse.   Now, no matter what I have tried (and I've tried a lot of things since this issue started last night), even my mouse pad will not respond normally.

Anyone else experience this?

Modertor edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @TheJewel , welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

This sounds very strange and to be honest, this is the first time that I read a report of Fitbit signal interfering with wireless mouses or mouse pads. Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to help you out with this.

Now, have you tried to take the Alta away and see if this way your wireless mouse and mouse pad work well again? If you've not tried this yet, take the Alta as far away as possible and then, see how your wireless mouse and mouse pad behave. If you're still having problems, it might be something different.

Hope you find this helpful. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had to switch my Fitbit Alta to my right wrist because I've suddenly developed a burn mark from my fitbit on my left wrist(even though I have been wearing the same fitbit for well over a year without any issues). Now that I wear it on my dominant typing hand, it interferes somehow with my laptop. It keeps putting my screen into sleep mode. If I take the fitbit off and put it in my lap, my computer works fine. Not sure what is going on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few years later, but a bluetooth keyboard + mouse I've been using for years started having a lot of connections issues.  I'd be typing and suddenly nothing was happening on-screen, or I'd be using the mouse in a game and it would freeze.  New batteries made no difference.  Switching the USB port the dongle was in made no difference.

I finally made the connection that I just recently got my Fitbit Sense (a replacement for the Ionic that was recalled).  When I'm working at my desk, I tend to not wear the watch, so it sits on the desk only a couple feet away.  My phone, with which it is paired also sits nearby.  The computer with USB ports and dongles, you guessed it, only a few feet away.

As soon as I realized this might be the issue, I moved the watch and phone across the room, now about eight feet away from the computer, keyboard, and mouse.  Not a single issue for hours.  Bring the watch and phone back to the desk and right away interruptions.  There is definitely some Bluetooth interference going on when there is close proximity.  (It's a pretty basic Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse.)

(Thankfully my primary usage is sleep tracking, so just keeping it at a distance is a viable solution.)

Best Answer