Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my Fitbit Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fit Bit Alta fell off somewhere in the house during the day on New Year’s Day.  I had just charged it and put it on that morning.  It was reading and recording my steps up until 5:30 pm.  Is there anyway good apps that can help me find it?  Has anyone had any luck finding their Fit Bit using any of the apps out there?  I am afraid the batter will die before I find it!  Please help if you can.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are some apps to find it

Find Lost Fitbit Apps:

They will get you close. Mine went off and I couldn't see it but found it in my shoe.

So look around when it tells you its close

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

There are some apps to find it

Find Lost Fitbit Apps:

They will get you close. Mine went off and I couldn't see it but found it in my shoe.

So look around when it tells you its close

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I FOUND IT!!!  I turned over the chair I usually sit in th clean under it and it fell from a shelf from a little table I have next to my chair.  It had been gone about two weeks and still had 30% charge left on it.  I had gone in and turned off a everything I could to reserve as much battery life as possible so I could track it for as long as possible.  All the free apps were no use at all.  I even used an app that showed all the  items in you house that had  Bluetooth and there was this one item I could not figure out.  It had a number letter code but not the name of the device.  A few times it showed as one of the devices searching for my watch.  I googled the code and found out it was our BBQ grill!  It sits out on the patio, right outside the wall my chair is next to!  My BBQ grill was tracking my Fit Bit Alta!  The app I used most that was giving me the most positive readings, I thought,  was actually way off.  I had done laundry the day it went missing and I was getting high positive readings in the laundry room, on the other side of the house from my chair, and the linen closet, far from my chair too!  Don’t mess with free apps... buy one right away!  I wish I would have now!  And turn off everything you can to save battery life.  All your alarms you have set, etc. that may buy you time to track it.  And keep your watch charged!  I had just charged my watch the day before it went missing and put it on the day I lost it so it was fully charged when I lost it and after two weeks it was still at 30% charged since I had turned all alarms and reminders off and clock settings. if you have the snap on type band, make sure both snaps are snapped when placing it on.  I think that is why mine fell off.  I double check until I can get the new buckle type band IF they have them to fit my Alta???  Thank you to those that offered advice.  You guys are GREAT!  I am back to counting my steps and calories once again!🥰

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad you found it! Woot!

Check amazon as they have bands that have the buckle type for Alta's

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes