Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is a long restart? Why would this be used instead of a standard restart?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have no idea what a long restart would be.

Some trackers have a restart and the ability to shutdown 

Your Alta has a restart which doesnt shut off the power and called a soft(ware) restart. When the power is turned of it is called a hard(ware) restart or reset.

You might try doing a restart with no power to the plug. This might turn the tracker off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to solve the problem of my fitbit Alta giving a mileage of 34.44 miles for 13943 steps so wildly inaccurate. After trying all the usual methods I was advised to try a long restart but I don't understand what this is or what it does!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The user manual only mentions one restart process.

As for a long restart, I know nothing about what it may be. I did mention what could be tried, I've been told that this does shutdown the Alta.

Have you searched the Alta or Alta HR for the term Long Restart?

Did Fitbit advise you to do a long restart, or someone else, have you asked who it was what a long restart night consists of. 

Some trackers do have the ability to shut down. 

As for distance, is your stride set correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks,

Yes I have searched for long restart with no luck hence my post. Yes it was recommended by fitbit.

I have set up my stride length correctly. 

My problem is just the ONE DAY which I need to EDIT OR DELETE which has recorded 34.4 MILES FOR 13943 STEPS!!!

Thanks again for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then get back to support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I have tried to get back to support, I have sent several emails and not received an answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes