Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score

ANSWERED

Anyone know why the sleep score seems so random?? I get almost the same score or close to for nights when I barely got any REM or deep sleep as nights I got a decent amount of both. Today I got 1 hr REM and .5 hour deep sleep and it gave me the same score as a night I got 2.5 hrs REM and 1.3 hours of deep sleep. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Jhuizen and welcome to the Community.  There's much more to your sleep score than your deep and REM sleep.  There are three components to your sleep score: duration, quality, and restoration.  Your deep and REM are part of the quality component.  The deep and REM only account for 25% of your score.  The duration accounts for 50% and restoration accounts for 25%.  Help article with relevant section expanded 

Premium members get this breakdown.  But Premium is very pricey just for sleep scores.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Jhuizen and welcome to the Community.  There's much more to your sleep score than your deep and REM sleep.  There are three components to your sleep score: duration, quality, and restoration.  Your deep and REM are part of the quality component.  The deep and REM only account for 25% of your score.  The duration accounts for 50% and restoration accounts for 25%.  Help article with relevant section expanded 

Premium members get this breakdown.  But Premium is very pricey just for sleep scores.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep score used to include all sleep stages and a sleep score.   About a week ago it went to length of sleep.   I believe this was because my Alta HR is no longer tracking my heartrate.  This information was helpful and Free!  Sadly I think I'm moving on.  So disappointing that Google would begin gouging loyal Fitbit users with their "Premium" membership.   I hope I like my new Galaxy.   

Best Answer
0 Votes