Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge used to sync automatically. I think the new setting is good (saves battery on my phone), but the manual sync takes a while to work. Not sure why.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can switch it to All-Day Sync - maybe that would help.  FWIW, I don't notice any change in battery life for phone or band with it on.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

You can switch it to All-Day Sync - maybe that would help.  FWIW, I don't notice any change in battery life for phone or band with it on.

Best Answer

@NavyLady, were you able to activate the All-Day-Sync function @RPFarrah mentioned?  This can certainly help you to sync automatically with your tracker, but it might affect the battery life as well. Here you can also find more useful tips to save/optimize your tracker's battery life. 

If you feel the manual sync is taking too long, try some basic troubleshooting to check if you see any improvement. Restart the Bluetooth settings (ON/OFF), then try closing the app, restart the phone and access the Fitbit application again. I hope this helps, keep me posted. ​

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Sorry for the delayed response. My charge only lasted 6 months. It broke. I have the Alta now. Much better. And I can't break it like I did the other one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup I've had several issues since owning a Fitbit.  The first one stopped working after less than a week and I too am becoming increasingly frustrated at how terrible my Charge HR is at syncing.  On top of that it has almost completely fallen apart where the screen is just from general wear.

Quite frankly I wish I'd never got a Fitbit, they are just so unreliable.  Bottom line is they're just rubbish!

Best Answer

How do you change to all day sync? I am having the issue that I forget to sync at end of day, I am in a daily contest/challenge and without sync I don't get any credit.... 

have looked all over for this option since the day I replaced my Charge with the Alta 

Best Answer

Just go to Settings.  Second option from the top is "All Day Sync".  Turn it on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My All Day Sync doesn't work.  Saying it needs to sync with iPhone Bluetooth.  I've tried turning it on/off, iPhone on/off, reset Alba and still doesn't work.  Thank goodness the manual one does!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All day sync should help speed up  the sync process, but I've found that it plays havoc with my car bluetooth when making and receiving calls. They will continually drop out, etc. if I have ADS on. Surely there's a better solution that resolves the slow sync and doesn't render the car bluetooth inoperable..?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I select "all day syncing"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into the Fitbit app...click on your account picture (top left corner)...click on your device...scroll down and it should be at the bottom 😁

A VETERAN - Whether on active duty or has retired, is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable: ''To Queen and Country'', for an amount of, ''Up to and including My Life''
Best Answer

Still didn't work, I don't have the fitbit icon even though the app shows as being installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤔 I think we may of reached the limit of my ‘Technical Knowledge’.

I gather you have attempted to re-install the app?

A VETERAN - Whether on active duty or has retired, is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable: ''To Queen and Country'', for an amount of, ''Up to and including My Life''
Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess what, I was able to sync my fitbit at home......cannot figure out the problem on my new computer at work. Originally I could not pair my new replacement fitbit on home computer but was able to do so at work.....but it won't sync at work. "Nuts"

Best Answer

Congrats...I’m happy you managed to get your Fitbit all synced up 😁

Now you seem to have another problem on your hands 🤦‍:male_sign:.  I’m probably out of my depth now 🤣.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No offence, but you have join Fitbit a few hours ago.  Normally any other person would be spending time setting up their device or even clocking up some mileage with steps...not you, you send out a friend request.

Apologies, but alarm bells are ringing (FAKE PROFILE!!!).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

No option on the charge 5 band or on the app on my iPhone. Can you tell me exactly where it is located?

Best Answer
0 Votes