Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied "Error "1006" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit website won't let me in. I can't connect to my dashboard. Says access denied Error 1006. Owner of this website has banned your IP address. Please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RohitUXD  If you feel comfortable using the link in my post at the other topic to see what is causing you to be blocked..

@RohitUXD wrote:

Hey. Thanks for reaching out. Yes I see the post and realise it'll be like that for the next 48hrs. Is there a way we can find out why this happened. Another observation is, my password was changed, don't know how. Thankfully I could change and get  it back. You think that could be a suspicious activity?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello and welcome to the forums @RohitUXD 

Did you see this thread where people had the same issue? Click to go there

Let us know if the suggestions in that thread help you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hey. Thanks for reaching out. Yes I see the post and realise it'll be like that for the next 48hrs. Is there a way we can find out why this happened. Another observation is, my password was changed, don't know how. Thankfully I could change and get  it back. You think that could be a suspicious activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RohitUXD  If you feel comfortable using the link in my post at the other topic to see what is causing you to be blocked..

@RohitUXD wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I'm sorry which other topic? I don't seem to see any link. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RohitUXD  Apologies, the link was in @Odyssey13 post but here is the link direct to the blocked IP address site.

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

@RohitUXD wrote:

I'm sorry which other topic? I don't seem to see any link. Am I missing something?

Best Answer

@RohitUXD Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Dashboard keeps showing the same "Error 1006" message. If possible, please provide a screenshot of the page the shows this error.

Thank you so much for your help @Colinm39 @Odyssey13!

See you later! Smiley Happy 

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

For you to ban an IP address for 48 hours due to trouble by one user logging in is unacceptable. Most organizations have a public IP address for multiple users and this can ban a whole bunch of people who were not having a problem. Perhaps you can convince Cloudflare to use a more reasonable approach. If it happens to me again I'll have to buy a competitive product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I am experiencing the same issue as of yesterday. Please assist. 

Screenshot_20200113-172837_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

Hi @Carenetjie, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'd like to let you know that this issue should be automatically resolved after 48 hours, therefore, can you please let me know if you're still receiving the same error message while trying to login?

Keep me posted please. 

Best Answer

Hi - just purchased a Fitbit Sense and sync it to the app - but I'm now being told that my IP address is blocked and getting the error shared above?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @roski.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As my previous post stated, this issue should be resolved by itself within 48 hours. For us to move on, can you please let me know when was the first time you received the 1006 error?

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick reply - I registered my Fitbit sense yesterday afternoon (which is when i noticed it) and it the app doesn't let me access any of the features unless i connect via VPN.  I've tried multiple devices at home and get the same result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @roski, your reply is also appreciated.

Thanks for the details that were shared with me. Since you recently registered a Fitbit Sense with your account, please allow another 24 hours and let me know if the issue persists so we can move on.

Keep me posted.  

Best Answer

Hi @RicardoFitbit. I'm having the same issue. I can log in to FitBit at work or on my home wifi, but not on my phone data (which is what I usually use). Today is the 4th day of having my "access denied". I've checked to see if my IP is listed on SpamHaus but it isn't. I've cleared my cache, un/reinstalled the app - so far still denied. I've used fitbit for over a year and this is the first time this has happened. How can I regain access?

Best Answer

Hi @RicardoFitbit - Still no change unfortunately.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @MamaRaeRae and thanks for your reply @roski.

I'm sorry to know that you are still experiencing difficulties with your Fitbit accounts. Because this issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer

HI @RicardoFitbit thanks for the response - some good news - looks like it took 96 hrs rather than 48hrs - all working as of yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @roski.

I'm happy to know that your issue was solved after 96 hours, your patience is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions, I'll be here ready to help you. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer