Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Versa and Android 10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a new syncing issue?  It was working fine yesterday.  Why does this keep happening?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi there @Redhead357, welcome on to the Community Forums. 

The issue with the Fitbit App version 3.37 should be solved updating to version 3.37.1. If you continue to have syncing difficulties, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope that helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My is at 3.37.1 and still just sits there spinning saying I know it's taking longer than usual. I have reset my phone, re-installed app, this is so frustrating for it was working fine then just quit. Please help!!

Best Answer

Hi Marre,

Actually my fitbit app stopped syncing after it got updated to 3.37.1

(Versa, Android 10.1.0)

Nothing helps, restarting, reinstalling, etc, etc. Now you even can't add/pair the watch. Time is 15minutes back on the watch already, so it's basically useless 😞

Are they planning to resolve it? When to expect? Any updates? All I can see in other threads is "we already fixed it", while it's not the case

Thanks,

Henry

Best Answer

I agree this is definitely not the case on the 3.37.1, it's very frustrating not knowing what you did exercise wise for the day. I actually thought it was my phone for I have not experienced this issue before. Hoping this gets resolved soon.

Best Answer

I wish there was an option to add a screenshot for I tried again by restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling app, turning off bluetooth and back on. It does the same exact thing, once I pair it and add 4 digit code it just sits there saying sorry this is taking longer than expected but we are on it. This time I couldn't get out of it without resetting my phone. Please please get this issue resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And it's definitely the app not the watch. I've deleted the scales from the app and can't add them back too.

Mega annoying, basically I can't use the watch now because of the time lag, as I've reset them so many times trying 😫😖🤬

Best Answer

Another thing I've noticed is before when I would receive messages they would show up on my fitbit but not anymore. How long does it take for someone to reply to us? I wish companies would make sure an update works before issuing it. Happens all the time with anything.

Best Answer

I have done everything you mention, please please help!!

Best Answer

Same, just generic links and no solution so far. Apparently the syncing issue has been going for weeks (based on google reviews and comments here). There was a post asking for some reaction or anything from the company, but they've deleted it saying it was "nonproductive". More appalled by them handling the situation rather than technical issue as such.

I'm desperate, officially back with my regular watch. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you! I've not had data syncing correctly for well over a week now which renders this useless.. Fitbit has not corrected the issue and keeps throwing us under the bus telling us to search the forum's, reinstall the app, etc and none of this works! 

Best Answer

That's incredible what happened to good reliable customer service that needs shown in order for people to buy!!

Best Answer

agree and I would have liked to hear from forum moderator. This is beyond frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hello, if you read comments this issue isn't resolved and we have all done everything you suggested. Please please help get this resolved for we are beyond frustrated.

Best Answer

I have the charge 3 and now isn't working since updated to 3.37.1 please help so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. Thanks for your time and efforts in troubleshooting this issue.

In addition to the steps you've tried, please follow the steps below:

• Remove your Fitbit device from your Fitbit account and unpair it from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Fitbit device again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in this help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

As mentioned, I've tried everything including steps above of course. Actually tried it so many times that the watch is more than 20 minutes back now, thus useless. I consider myself tech savvy person, so these suggestions to try same over and over again... Nothing but annoyance and further frustration.

Once again, nothing helps after the latest update, it won't sync and can't be added/set up back after removing the device.

There's one viable solution they suggest, downloading some of the previous versions of the application, but I don't feel like downloading a_p_k file from a third party source, security wise, as I use[d to use] watch for payments in particular. 

Hopefully some day I could use my watch again, but now it's been useless for more than a week. And it's not just me. Nothing but desperation. You're not just losing customers, you're getting an army of those who would discourage anyone from even considering buying Fitbit first place.

Thanks,

Henry

Best Answer

Finally.... it's been since January 20th, I was able to fix the syncing issue. App was not pairing with Versa 2, phone couldn't find it, tried all the recommended fixes, and nothing... update would just spin and spin. And watch was losing time. Go to settings on watch and do a factory reset. Follow prompts on screen. Force stop app on settings on phone. Log back in to app. Took an hour. Clears all info on watch, but app will save all your stats from last sync, update.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info but I have a charge 3 & I've already done everything you mentioned previously and mine still isn't working. 

Best Answer

I've tried over and over everything she suggested and I'm still no further ahead just more frustrated. The upgrade only seems to be affecting certain models, I have the charge 3 and it's been a great unit till the upgrade. 

Best Answer