Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes disappear when i log exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
On saturday i Went for an hour kong powerwalk. When i got Home, my FitBit showed 60 active minutes. When i am logging my exercise (one hour walking), active minutes goes down to 0 minutes??? Whats happening? I want both the active minutes and the exercise 😊😊 updatet to the latest version of the app (iPhone) as well..
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you around my friend @Lollo6 Smiley Very HappyTypically, your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over data you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my Charge HR and walking and I reach 30 active minutes, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many active minutes you got and it may bring my active minutes count to something below 30. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit. Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lollo6 When you manually log the activity, and, if you don't use the 60 minutes of calories from your effort two things can happen

1. In your case it has used the calculated calories from the Fitbit manually added record which were lower than your effort and those are averaged over the 60 minutes.

2. If you had peaks and valleys in your effort, manually adding the record levels those out and you can lose active minutes that way. Same thing, averaged out

Active minutes is all about calories burned and it is a minimum of 3 times my sleeping/resting/BMR calories/minute for a continuous 10 minutes.

As @MarreFitbit posted, there is no need to log something that Fitbit is designed to do but if you want a record use the Large Stopwatch option in the Activities Log area which is a copy of your data and gives you some 1 minute graphs to analyse.

@Lollo6 wrote:
On saturday i Went for an hour kong powerwalk. When i got Home, my FitBit showed 60 active minutes. When i am logging my exercise (one hour walking), active minutes goes down to 0 minutes??? Whats happening? I want both the active minutes and the exercise 😊😊 updatet to the latest version of the app (iPhone) as well..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Someone can help me? I went on an 2h walk almost 10 km and although I tracked with my phone and GPS the event was not appearing at all on my Fitbit like if I never had the walk.

I got minutes for activities and steps but no where to be found my walk and map.

So I manually input the exercise and boom all those over achivement minutes for activities where reduce for 32 minutes? How does that even make sense? Is there a solution? I have the flex Fitbit so I know I can't expect much but is that what it is just that unfair? 

The only reason that annoyes me is that I need point to get credit and upgrade my Fitbit for a better version since I can't afford outside my work program 😞 help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvsWelcome... What you have posted is exactly what my previous post outlines.  I would suggest you delete the manual  activity and then create on your PC an Activity record of the same time period.This is only a copy of your real data.  This will show you why the manual record clipped out your active minutes by averaging.

As an after thought I created that same manual record with my BMR and for walking no luck, but I changed it to run for the same 10 km and massive calorie burn.. Steps were about the same.. Crazy mathematics from Fitbit...  Then I used the walking for exercise option 3.5mph (5.6 kmh) and success..... Active Minutes.

You create the Activity Record on your PC by clicking on the large stopwatch at the bottom of the Log, Activity view, enter the times etc.  Then click on the very small stopwatch next to the description  and view the data in 1 minute graph format. You should see your peaks and valleys in the graphs (the colours don't show here)... typically the calories graph.  Every minute that is an active minute should be greater than 3 times your BMR/Sleeping calories.

Now if you look at your typical days activity in the days Activity Log any red data is Light Activity/sedentary, yellow is Active Minutes and green is Very Active Minutes.  See my analysis at the end.

Your GPS issue is known on the Android platform and predominately occurs if you use pause and resume etc and then eventually finish. The phone shows the tracking with 0.0 pace and won't save.

If you only Pause and Finish the majority are having success.... NO resumes... That is what I do.

Green active 17jul17.jpg

Run Walk 22jul17.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not fair though. I want it to count towards one of my days of exercise!

Why do we have to choose between the two?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mesikazejHi, if your Fitbit has the Workout option I now use that and rename it for the odd activities, but it doesn't show the rename in the Activity log, but when you View, the rename is there.

Probably easier through the App.. Tap on the exercise and there is an Edit pencil at the top.. But, all of these buts... If successful you only get one chance at the rename.... Using this method it shows in your Exercise Tile.

Another but, if the Activity name is not in your Activity Log or the standard activities that Fitbit have you will get a message, and you need to add it to your list of Activities in your PC Activity Log..  Very annoying.

I sat down one day and entered all of the variations with my Activities.

Let's know how you go...

Best Answer
0 Votes