Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 2nd user and device for my son to my account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I want to pass my Charge 2 to my son, when I get the new Charge 3.

He does not have a phone so I would want to manage his usage from within my app/account.

It's not clear from existing posts here whether it is possible, and whether he needs a unique email address to be able to do it.

Is this possible and if so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Andyw76  If you use your own email address then whatever steps, flights, exercise that your son does will be added to whatever you achieve each day.  Your son would need an account with a separate email address from your own to track his activity separately.  Within the Fitbit app, you would need to log out of "your" account and log into "his" account to perform the sync of the Charge 2 he is now wearing and add the information to "his" Fitbit account.  If you have a tablet or computer you can have his device sync there under his account and you can use your phone to sync under your account.  BTW, you don't say how old your son is but if he is under 18 I think you'll need to lie about his age since minors can only have a family account with their parents using the Fitbit Ace.  This limitation may have changed since I last checked so you might want to search the Help pages for more information regarding accounts for minors.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Andyw76  If you use your own email address then whatever steps, flights, exercise that your son does will be added to whatever you achieve each day.  Your son would need an account with a separate email address from your own to track his activity separately.  Within the Fitbit app, you would need to log out of "your" account and log into "his" account to perform the sync of the Charge 2 he is now wearing and add the information to "his" Fitbit account.  If you have a tablet or computer you can have his device sync there under his account and you can use your phone to sync under your account.  BTW, you don't say how old your son is but if he is under 18 I think you'll need to lie about his age since minors can only have a family account with their parents using the Fitbit Ace.  This limitation may have changed since I last checked so you might want to search the Help pages for more information regarding accounts for minors.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer

Hi Kathy

Thanks for your help.

It seems a little unhelpful that you can only like the one device to a family account, but I am sure I can figure something out from your suggestions....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andyw76. There must be something in the Fitbit Ace that allows the Fitbit app to see it as a separate device even though its attached to the one email address.   There are Fitbit users who choose to own two or more Fitbit devices that they wear for different purposes. For those folks they do want activity from each tracker to be added to the same account/emaill.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding to @kcronin's good suggestions, in addition to possibility of using tablet or computer for syncing son's device, if you have any old smart phones around, if it is not too old, you might be able to use it for syncing his device.  It does not need any phone service, but can still sync through wi-fi.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes