Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding activity to be automatically recognized

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Charge 3. How do I add a specific activity to the list of automatically recognized exercises? I plan to do Water Aerobics and can't figure out how to get it in.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @ccrand68.

Congratulations on your new Charge 3!

In this case it is not possible to set custom activities so that your Fitbit recognizes. It will automatically recognize these activities: 

• Walk

• Run

• Outdoor Bike

• Elliptical

• Sport

• Aerobic Workout

• Swim

In this case I'd recommend testing the Charge 3 while you do the Aerobics, it should be recognized under the appropriate category. If that didn't work you can manually set your Fitbit to track an activity or log it into your account afterwards.

For reference, however, you can edit the amount of time each activity needs to be going on for it to be automatically recognized by following these steps:

1. Go int your Fitbit dashboard.
  2. Go into your settings.
  3. Click on the picture of the Fitbit you want to edit this on. It should be to the left.
  4. Look for the option about automatic recognition and click on.
  5. I will display all of the options and you can edit them as you want.
  6. Click on Save and the bottom of the page and then sync your Fitbit.

Let me know if there are any further questions or if there is anything I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Mine doesn't auto recognize aerobic workouts, it's in the list, has been set to recognize after 10 mins but it doesnt show up.

It does add to my Active Minutes just not in the weekly excersize list 

Best Answer

Mine is also doing the same thing and it’s pissing me off 

Best Answer

How do I change the activities that my fitbit auto recognizes? I'd like to remove some and add yoga. 

Best Answer

Hello @RCoop21 and welcome to the Help forum.  The auto recognized exercises are set by Fitbit and you can't change them.  You don't say what model Fitbit you use, but you need to use the Exercise app on your Fitbit to track yoga.  Please see this Help article for instructions: How do I track my workouts on my Fitbit device?   Auto-recognized activities need a lot of repetitive motion.  Things like yoga and Pilates aren't active and repetitive enough.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Why isn't walking considered repetitive enough to be on the main exercise
on Charge 5?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Charge 5 with the latest update auto recognizes Walk, Run, Outdoor Bike, Elliptical, Sport, Aerobic Workout, and Swimming.  I ignored a couple that I don't do.  My understanding is that more sedate activities like Yoga/Pilates have too much interruption so they can't be measured.  

Best Answer

My Charge 5 doesn't auto-recognize WALK. How did you get it in there? 

Best Answer