Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding exercise in app vs computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I add the exercise "weights" through the Android app I do not get any credit for active minutes. However, when I add the same activity through the website I get active minutes credit. Why is this? It's very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @spooki404

Have moved this thread from the Alta to the Android App section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @spooki404! Thanks for joining us! This might be because the App is not updating the information correctly and the online dashboard is. Have you checked if you have the latest version of the App? The new version 2.32 was released on 8/23/2016. You can check this on your App store and update it from thre. Cat Wink

Let me know if this helps! Cat Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
My app is up to date. I tried removing it and reinstalling it too. This was NOT a problem in previous versions though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @spooki404! Welcome to the Forums! In that case you can try to log out, reboot your phone and log back in. Also, there is a new version available released this month, make sure to always update. (version 2.34)

If you are still experiencing this issue, please get in contact with our Customer Support team so they can investigate a little further. 

Let me know how it goes! Man Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes
App is up to date, it's still an issue. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, rebooting my phone, logging out/ in. It works perfectly fine using the website and I've been using a mobile browser instead of the app.

Again, this used to work in older versions of the app but not in recent versions.
Best Answer

Hey, @spooki404! thanks for the updates! Can you please tell me what phone and operating system are you using?

Also, what happens when you try to logg the exercise, do you get some type of error, or you just don't get the active minutes? If you can please add a screenshot. 

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S6. No errors, no crashing. The exercise shows as being logged but active minutes don't update nor do calories burned.

When I add it in the app, I type "Wei..." And then "weights" appears on the drop down menu. I tap that and add the info. I do the same thing when logging using the website except, with the website the active minutes and calories update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @spooki404! Thanks for the updates! Man Wink Do you think you could be able to attach some screenshots of this for me? This way I can further investigate your situation with my team. Also, how long are you doing weights for? and are you manually logging the calories? 

Let me know! :}

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have screen shots but I can't upload them, I don't have a picture icon as described in the instructions.

I do weights from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. I do not manually add calories, if I do that then it doesn't give me calories or active minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20161024-083612.jpgScreenshot_20161024-083532.jpgScreenshot_20161024-083353.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @spooki404! Thank you so much for reporting this. I was checking your information with my team, and this seems to be a current bug, our engineers are aware of this and working to resolve it. It seems that there are 2 weight activities and one of them gives calories for the active minutes and the other one doesn't. Just one last question, when you type in this do you see both or just one? When you do it through the App? 

Let me know! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
I used to see two that said "Weights" in both the app and website but both only show one. The app has "Weights" and "Weight Lifting" and neither given calories or active minutes.

When I had both "Weights" options in the app the first choice used to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @spooki404! Welcome to the Forums! Thank you so much for reporting this! I have forward it to the rest of our team.

Hopefully this should be resolved soon, I'll keep you updated once I have news!Robot Embarassed

Thank you for your patience and understanding.Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes