Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admins not appearing on groups

I am trying to remove admin status from a member who no longer participates. I am the original admin, and have a Pixel 8 Pro phone and Pixel 2 watch, if that matters. But I cannot see the admin status of ANY of my admins (the blue shield doesn't show beside their names, and they don't show at all on the group roster.) I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app - no help. Why are they not showing? Who can help me?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @DoriB are you using your Fitbit account or did you switch over to a Google account? That might be why you can't see them. I'll ask a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to assist you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

We are both in Google now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @DoriB@Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up!

@DoriB Thanks for the detailed information, and confirming that both of you have migrated to Google. This is odd as the person who created the group is able to remove admin permissions from any member in the group. I'm sorry this isn't the case and even though the blue shield doesn't appear, please try pressing and holding on the member's username. You should see the option to either revoke the admin status or remove them from the group.

If the issue persists afterward, go to the Fitbit app and tap your profile picture at the upper right corner. Then, tap Fitbit Settings > Help & Support and let me know the Fitbit app version. Additionally and if possible, take a screenshot of what it's displayed after tapping on the members tab from your group.

Best Answer

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to to tell you. I'm on version 4.14 of Fitbit, and Android 14. My admins AREN'T EVEN ON THE MEMBER LIST. It's not just that the shields don't appear beside their names. Their names don't even appear in the membership roster. So I can't add or remove them. If I get to them from my friends list, I can see that they are on the group list, and they are admins for the group, but from within the group itself, from the list, where you SHOULD be able to add/remove names, they AREN'T THERE, so I can't do anything with them. So now what? If I can't access the names from within the group, I can't remove them, I can't change admin status, nothing. How do I make it so they show up on the list again? And they aren't the only ones. I have DOZENS of members that I've lost names from the list, and they can't get on, but until I can SEE them, I can't REMOVE them. And if I can't REMOVE them, I can't RE-ADD them. So I'm at a loss how to get them back on the list. (And FYI, we've already had them all uninstall/reinstall the app, restart their phones, double and triple check everything is updated -  the usual troubleshooting stuff. Didn't do a thing!)

Best Answer
0 Votes