Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All day sync not available anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My option to turn All day syc off is not available anymore under account. What happened? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments, we're always striving to improve our services offered. I see where your frustration is coming from. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed as we're always implementing features based on user's feedback.

As mentioned previously, the "All day sync" option has been removed from the Fitbit app, yo improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app on Android phones. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life. 

If you'd like that this feature could be added back, vote for this idea, they are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me as really annoyed as well. I always had it turned off to preserve battery. Oddly my Fitbit Blaze still seems to last ok but it's crucifying my phone battery. All day sync does mean the fitbit is synced all the time <duh> so it's up to date when I open the app, but I only used to open the app about once a day and didn't mind waiting the 2-3 mins for it to collect all the data in exchange for not draining my phone battery! Come on Fitbit, that's a really bad thing to do, taking away user choice like that. Other tracking devices are available 🐵  

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

@GigaBeast Hi there.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, it's appreciated. We're always striving to improve our services offered, be sure that features are implemented and improved based in user's comments. 

Please vote for this idea, as mentioned before, they are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Auto Syncing seems to work randomly at best for my Ionic.  Worked fine with the previous unit but all-day sync wasn't tampered with then.
Can even go in a manually sync and come back to phone's homescreen and it still has the previous data yet on the Ionic itself its always up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I want my versa three to be on all day sync according to what is written here Fitbit says it does all day sync. Mine doesn’t. I go to Weather or Alexa and I have to sync it.  It’s really annoying that I have to do this to three times a day. I don’t know what else to do.

Best Answer

It’s doesn’t work for me either. I cannot use find my phone because it is not syncing and I cannot open the app to sync it since I don’t have my phone!

Best Answer

I don't have a problem with not having the option to turn it off but a more recent update seems to have reduced the autosync frequency, so much so that half way through Monday morning I'm still missing data from Sunday until I open the app and force it to sync. This seems to have happened (for me anyway) in the last 6 months.

Best Answer
I have the same issue. Thinking about getting another watch.

Sent from Laurie's iPhone
Best Answer

Already do. I only use the fitbit for a bit of freindly competition with members of the family; They all have fitbits and the app used to do the job. For more serious stuff I've got Garmin 235.

Best Answer
Good to know! Thanks!

Sent from Laurie's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes