Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All-day sync option removed from the app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have the Fitbit adidas ionic & a samsung galaxy s10e phone & since a fitbit update, I've noticed that the fitbit app is on all day sync but the button to switch it off has disappeared! I've logged into my profile to see if there is an option in there but no joy! I don't want all day sync on as it drains the battery! Anyone know how I turn it off?

Thanks in advance!

Jess

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

You might be on to something Amber_H. During the night when my watch is far away from my phone, the battery depletes even faster! It might be because it keeps looking for the Bluetooth connection!

Anyway, let's hope the Fitbit folks are reading your post. It defies the imagination that they wouldn't already know what's causing this issue. Your points are well taken and make sense!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The missing All Day Sync button is more than an annoyance or a battery life concern for me. It is costing me time and therefore money.

I'm a Bluetooth engineer using my Android phone for debugging. I use an app called nRF Connect (ask your Bluetooth engineers about it). Every time I use the app, it automatically connects to my Charge 2 and I have to take additional steps to get it unconnected and connected to my test device. Right now I'm investigating a random disconnect that I hope isn't caused by the Fitbit app trying to do a sync.

I'm diplomatically asking you for the ability to turn off automatic sync even though I currently feel like using much stronger language.

Best Answer

Me too. Battery drains a lot faster on both my iPhone and Charge 3.

Best Answer

Guys, if this issue is impacting you, please be sure to vote on the first post that it impacts you. (look at the first post pg 1)

Best Answer

As others have noted, this is no longer just an Android issue.  I have an iPhone and a Versa, and I've always had to turn off "Always Connected" and "All Day Sync" in the fitbit iPhone app, otherwise my phone battery dies in less than 12 hours.  Every time fitbit pushed an app update, the options would turn back on, I'd have a dead phone battery by lunch time, and I would remember to turn them back off.  Now, I'm stuck charging my phone twice per day because the fitbit app is constantly running in the background.  Fitbit needs to give people this option back.

Best Answer

I bought a versa 2 about 3 weeks ago & it has no sync all-day option on it (not even one that you can't turn off). I like to use Alexa but have to manually sync everytime so I just use my phone. Annoying!

Best Answer

The "always connected" option is probably what was causing your issues mostly. I found that the "all day sync" never caused crazy battery usage, for me at least, on either the fitbit or the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The fact that my Fitbit is "always connected" I believe is the problem. It
syncs constantly and drains my Fitbit and my phone battery. There used to
be a toggle in the settings on the app that said, "all day sync" and you
could turn it off so that it would only sync when I manually clicked the
sync button. Previously I had that toggle off on my phone to resolve the
issue, but Fitbit has removed that feature in a recent update and now the
only way for me to keep it from syncing constantly and draining my battery
is to turn off my Bluetooth. It needs to be re added to the app because it
is clearly causing a lot of people grief and I think I should have the
option to have it on or off.
Best Answer

Same here, battery went from lasting 6-7 days to 3-4. I don't like that, there is no reason to sync all day long. Maybe I will shut off bluetooth and see if that stops it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The allday sync is clearly an "option" which means people can turn off if they do not like. My guess is that Fitbit perhaps got tired of the complaints about battery life from people who left this on and took the option away from more choice savvy users. I am pro-battery but pro-choice too. I want to have the right to choose knowing that I have to trade battery life for it. Please restore the choice.

Best Answer

Good for those people care about battery life and prefer not to have all day sync turned on. But what about the people who liked the way it was with all day sync turned on? You now have to manually sync all the time, and the information is not being updated what you're doing in real time. Sure, I could look on the fitbit display itself. But you'd have to tap-cycle through the figures. Please provide an option to adjust the sync frequency.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had the same happen to me with my fitbit versa, I purchased it roughly 2 months ago and at first everything was great, I would record my workouts, have notifications enabled, Etc. Now my battery is draining so fast, I turned everything off but the all day sync, and it is still draining fast. I happen to have fully charged it this morning and now 12 hours later the battery is at 62% and I didn't recorded a workout today. What is happening with fitbit???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of curiosity I installed the Fitbit app (3.4.2) on my tablet, in order to see whether anything had changed in the new version that's currently rolling out but hasn't reached my phone yet (my phone is still on 3.25). And one thing I notice is that the "all day sync" toggle is back.

Now I haven't paired it with my Fitbit (because I don't want the hassle of forgetting/pairing and then reversing that to reconnect to my phone), so I can't guarantee that there won't be something perverse like the option disappearing if I do. Will see when the update is rolled out to my phone. But thought this might be of interest.

Best Answer

I wish I had close to that kind of life with my Charge 2.   I have to charge it twice a

day now that this all day sync toggle switch has been taken away.  I used to be able to just charge it in the AM.  Maybe it is time to switch brands?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is 3.4.2 a later version than 3.25? You may have gone back to an older version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the opposite problem with my Fitbit Charge 3.  I can't turn All Day Sync on, and the support page says that All Day Sync has to be on in order to get any firmware updates.  So how am I supposed to get the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh that would be a wonderful thing. My app is at 3.25 also so I can't wait
to have it back. Here's hoping! 🤞
Best Answer

My problem is the same "opposite" problem. Apparently, most of the people are complaining that the battery life is much shorter since the all day sync switch was removed and apparently the behavior they see is that of all day sync turned on. In my case, most of the time, it behaves as if it was turned off. However, occasionally -- may be less than 10% of the time -- I see it behaves like all day sync is on. The behavior is inconsistent and I thought all day sync was off. 

Best Answer

I just purchased a new Fitbit and this new feature is annoying to me! I will be returning because it’s not what I thought I was purchased.  Even while participating in challenges, it’s a disadvantage when some users have the option to not sync and others sync automatically. This wasn’t a good idea.

My thoughts!  

Best Answer

Running the latest app on Android and latest ionic firmware, my battery life on both has dropped. More significantly on the Ionic. I used to get about 5 days. Now 2-3, and not syncing properly either. Worst of both worlds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes