Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not pairing with Samsung Galaxy A40

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read many threads on this issue and thought I would start my own.  Fitbit - PLEASE resolve to connectivity issue between Samsung A40 and Alta HR!!!!!

Your support centre have sent me a replacement Alta HR thinking that the fitbit was the part at fault.  I have since also had a replacement A40 thinking the phone was at fault.  I have since proven the phone is fine and can bluetooth connect to other devices.

The app discovers the device, I enter in the 4 digit PIN to the app.  It then fails to connect.

Please resolve the issue.  I have been a regular fitbit user and disappointed that more recent phones seem to be an issue for fitbit to resolve.  I notice even the Samsung S10 is not even on your approved devices list and that has been out a while now.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Jeve2019, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the information and details that were shared in your post, totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Let me share with you that, as mentioned in your post, the Samsung Galaxy S10 and the Samsung Galaxy A40 are mobile devices that are not currently listed in our compatibility list, therefore, certain connection difficulties can be experienced. 

Even though you're using a non-compatible device, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

If by any chance you're still unable to use your Fitbit with your mobile device, I suggest you to try with a compatible device or a computer instead.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it would be good to hear from Fitbit whether this is going to be resolved and when rather than just continually saying that the A40is not compatible .  We know that!! When will it be resolved?

Best Answer

I second that comment - although I see Fitbit have not replied to that comment. I had to pair my fitbit with an older phone and then it worked on my A40. However, for some reason, it stopped pairing a couple of days ago so will have to try again with an older phone.

Fitbit PLEASE sort out this problem as I can't change my phone for 2 years!!

Best Answer

Make sure you have updated to the latest 3.6 version of the Fitbit app that was released recently.

You could also try this guide:
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/

Furthermore:
Not sure if this could help you, but if you have a Samsung Android phone (or any Android phone, actually) you could also try going into the "Optimise Battery Usage" settings and make sure that the following three are disabled (meaning: NOT optimised. Just make sure to turn the switch off )

- Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Midi Service
- BluetoothTest

This procedure has helped me in the past with a bluetooth handsfree that could not pair and work correctly with my Galaxy S7.

Screenshot-20190918-133959-Settings

If nothing of the above work:
Some people have posted that older versions of the app seem to work fine.
Specifically version 2.95 is referred as a working one without issues.
I'm not sure if it's permitted here to post links to older versions of the app but if you want to try to roll back (uninstall the current version and sideload the older one) you can google it (just google: fitbit 2.95 mirror) and try. Mind you, though, 2.95 version might not support Versa 2 !

Just my 2 cents, until Fitbit really fixes the issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes