Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta hr wont sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Monday 9.22pm, the alta HR wont sync with either my LG G6 or GPad. Until that time, they both synced fine. Ive tried rebooting it - plugged in, turned off three times etc. No dice. 😕

Android Version 2.61 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
You can delete my post. I was looking for a way to do that, but couldn't
find it.

I figured it out by uninstalling the apps and reinstalling and rebooting
the device and then syncing and it worked.

Thanks,

J

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

HI there @Jembolee, good to see you in this occasion in the Fitbit Community! Since its been a couple of days since you posted, I would like to know how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting?

In case it does, give it a try to he following post for more help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps. See you later if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can delete my post. I was looking for a way to do that, but couldn't
find it.

I figured it out by uninstalling the apps and reinstalling and rebooting
the device and then syncing and it worked.

Thanks,

J
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jembolee, thank you for keep me updated and I'm glad you have find a solution. I'm going to leave your post here as it might be helpful for other users who are experiencing a similar case and find useful your solution.

See you later and stay awesome!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue, but I have followed all protocols.   It is showing it has not synced since 3pm yesterday and I am in challenges that end today.  I have restarted Alta HR 4x, uninstalled/reinstalled fitbit app on both my galaxy 8 and tablet, do not have them both connected to bluetooth at the same time, confirmed firmware is updated, confirmed phone is updated, unpaired alta HR from bluetooth, restarted bluetooth and phone 5x, fitbit connect will not load on my pc and wont let me uninstall so have not been able to go that route.  Very frustrated because I need it to sync for this competition.  Have had this Alta HR since July 2, 2017 and never had a problem before. It is odd because although it continues to say it has not updated since 3pm yesterday and has not included about 5000 additional steps from yesterday it is showing current steps for today but not including them in challenges or anywhere else.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to get my Alta HR to sync since Monday. I've tried everything suggested, including reinstalling the app, but no joy. Has anyone got any other suggestions? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem, did the whole. reinstall, etc but that little green circle just keeps spinning!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to resolve eventually by restarting my device 3 times
Best Answer
0 Votes

They are already sending me a new device, but it ends up, it will sync if not connected to my wifi.  Not sure why, but it works that way now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue sms results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since Friday I have not been able to sync my Alta HR via Wi-Fi. It syncs just fine over LTE but not on any WiFi network. I have the same problem with my tablet so I know that the problem is not with the device or network. The Android application worked just fine up to a couple of days ago. Seems like something changed in the app or back-end causing this problem because I haven't changed anything on my end.

Is this a known issue? When will there be a solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any way to delete this thread. I keep getting notifications, despite having turned off notifications, and as I said my issue is resolved. Perhaps others could start their own support thread or ticket ?

@RobertoME wrote:

Hi there @Jembolee, thank you for keep me updated and I'm glad you have find a solution. I'm going to leave your post here as it might be helpful for other users who are experiencing a similar case and find useful your solution.

See you later and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @MEL12__ and @Jembolee. Special shout out to @Fitbyfaith1@Joanna69@Cherwied and @Mark_M for joining to our Fitbit Community. Welcome aboard.

@Jembolee In this case I'm afraid I cannot delete your thread since there are other users who are experiencing the same scenario you were in the past and they still need attention. However I understand you do not want to received more notifications about this topic, so you can unsubscribe from the thread. Go to the small gear icon in the top of the thread and hit Unsubscribe.

uns1.png

@Fitbyfaith1 I was happy to reach out to our Support Team and they were able to confirm that they're currently working with you as you mentioned. Just let me know how it turns out.

Thank you @Mark_M and @Fitbyfaith1 for letting me know it is syncing when you are not connected to Wifi. Certainly this is not normal, but it is not a glitch in the app neither. Unless the Wifi has a security protocols that does not allow to upload your data, this should not be an obstacle to sync your trackers.

However has been a few days since you posted, so I'm wondering how it goes? Are you still experiencing syncing issues? It has been released a new version of the Android app (2.62.1) after my last interaction in this thread, I'm wondering if you have tried to install this update.

Also if the issue persists make sure your mobile phone is listed as compatible, otherwise the functionality may vary if the phone is not compatible. Perhaps resetting the app might help for those who possible are experiencing this situation:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and I'm always around, so feel free to post your concerns.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In the end I spoke to Fitbit customer services. They were brilliant and as I'd only had my Fitbit a few months they have now replaced it as they believe it was faulty. I'm now fully synced again 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

It continued to only sync when not on WiFi for about 5 days and now it works.  I did no changes to cause it to start working, it just started working on its own 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto:

Thanks for your response but the problem went away as quickly as it appeared. The problem began on a Friday and by late morning Monday the app was working fine. I really think that the problem was with the back-end or DNS entries for the servers. As I mentioned in my message above, I did some troubleshooting and the problem went away on LTE or other non-Comcast WiFi networks. My desktop machine didn't have such issues because I use Google's DNS servers. Another reason could be a change in certificates. Whatever the problem was it is gone and it is not my WiFi network. Thanks for checking in.

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the reset by pushing the button 3 times it helped for a few days. It is now again not syncing and or taking forever when it does sync.

Drains both phone and Alta batteries doing that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything, but the device won't sync. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into app. Set the all day sync always connected and the third one to on.
Hit sync, back out of app go back and ck if it synced. REMEMBER to turn
this off or it will drain your device battery.
Plugged it into computer and push the button on the usb end 3 times?
Restarted phone?Uninstall/reinstall the app?
Best Answer
0 Votes
That didn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes