Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 fitbit ap doesn't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my fitbit.  Samsung S7 Edge, Android 7.0, just updated for security again last week.

I downloaded Fitbit Ap. Opened So.  Got to login screen and popup message said "restart ap" or "close".  I restart and then the only choice id's close or report.   I sent several reports,  gave up and uninstalled. 

I got my old S5 out,  no longer active phone,  downloaded ap, signed up - worked fine BUT S5 is running old Android version. 

I do NOT carry my S5 - it stays home.   What the heck good is my fitbit without the ap on my S7 Edge? Why didn't it work?  I messed around with it for hours and gave up. 

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Justagirl1969 I've moved your post to the Amdroid App forum as you are more likely to get answers here.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Justagirl1969 I have the exact same problem as you with my S7 with Android v7. Odd thing is it has worked after upgrading to the new Fitbit, but once I logged off I can't get back in. At the login it freezes and eventually the app stops. I have rebooted,...cleared my cache,...reinstalled, but nothing works. BTW I also get the same close or report message.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Justagirl1969

Couldn't find a fix that worked but I did the next best thing. I reverted to the previous fitbit version 2.47.

Uninstall your Fitbit app.

Important to disable auto updates on your Edge,...you don't want it reinstalling the new version

Get the previous version 2.47 by googling "fitbit apk 2.47"

Download the apk file and run it.....you are now back to the previous version and everything should work fine.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So, what do we do?  I've sent about 20 crash reports to fitbit.  In the meantime, I suppose I'll have to use the website dashboard or carry my S5 around just for fitbit. 🤔

Sue347.924.5229
Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome!  I'll try that right now. 😎

Sue347.924.5229
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Justagirl1969 let me know if it worked for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Worked just fine, thank you!

Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes