Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App Release *Updated 03/09/16*: does not update automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I got the March update to the Android app, it no longer updates from the web dashboard automatically.  This is what I have to do to get it to work:

1. Open the app.  Everything is zero for today, and past days, although it had data in it the day before. 

2. I try to log out. NOTHING HAPPENS.  

3. I close the app using the Recent Menu. 

4. I open the app.  Still zero.  But, I can log out. 

5. I log back in, and it finally syncs with the data on the web dashboard.  

This is REALLY ANNOYING.  It will lose its data EVEN if the app is running in the background.  It then does the freeze, and I have to do steps 3-5 again.  So, if I want to update my food intake, I have to shut it down, LOG OUT, and then log back in for it to work.  

This is only since the 3/9/2016 update. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Nice to see you around @Ellyenne and thanks for the info. Smiley Happy Fitbit released the last update today. So, I recommend to update your Fitbit app to the latest version 2.21.3 (3182920) by going to the Google Play store on your device, Tap the menu button, Tap My Apps and choose the Fitbit app, Tap Update. If you want automatic updates in the future, check the Allow automatic updating box.

If after that the issue persist, try to clear your Fitbit app Browser Cache by logging out from Fitbit app, go to your phone settings, try to find the Fitbit app, open it and tap on Clear Cache, then tap on Clear Data, force Close the app and finally log back into the Fitbit app. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
I cleared the 35MB cache. That's big.
Then I tried to log out, but got the same result. Nothing happened. So, "closed" the app by clearing it and reopened. Then logged out, and back in.
And, it finally loaded my history.
I thought that the data was stored locally and updated when you start the app. But it looks like it's storing the data online, and has to download it When it is opened. That's not good. I have a lot if data, and a LOT of storage on my phone. I shouldn't have to download all of it when I want to use FitBit.
Also a problem with the latest update: where are my stars? My stared items used to show up in a good search. THIS IS IMPORTANT. There are a lot of items that are similar, but I've saved specific or hand entered versions. I want to select that item. I can no longer tell.
And, DON'T say they are in my custom favorites list - it's too long to browse and there is no way to search it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is great to hear that you are back on track @Ellyenne! However, to understand a little bit more your question, what do you mean about stars, the food ones (favorite)?. Could you please share with me a screenshot of this inconvenience? 

I'll be aware! Smiley Wink

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't do a screen shot. The stars are gone. 

There used to be a gold star that would pop up next to your favorite foods when you were searching. (You can set favorites in the online log). 

Now they don't pop up, AND the app has an annoying box that says "Generic".  Not helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for clarifying @Ellyenne. Fitbit regularly provides new versions of the Fitbit app on the App Store. These updates offer new features and bug fixes. Most of those improvements were taken from our Feature Request Board, which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. So, it will be great if you can take a moment to visit and share with us your ideas and feedbacks. 

However, my recommendation for you is to update the Fitbit app to the latest version to prevent and improve the development, by going to the Google Play store on your device, tap the menu button, tap My Apps and choose the Fitbit app, tap Update and If you want automatic updates in the future, check the Allow automatic updating box.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm going to remove the last 2 updated (if I can).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Ellyenne. You do not need to delete the old versions , because once you update the Fitbit app old versions will be replaced Smiley Happy

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer