Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App downloaded old messages from Dec 2021

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App downloaded 40+ messages from October 2021 to December 2021...Bluetooth is enabled and so is location and Network provided time. Never had this issue before. Messages from only one user.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @BettieR 

I experience the same thing on my iOS version of the App. (I see you use android) This issue has been going on sporadically for close to a year for me and as well as MANY of my Fitbit friends. It comes in clusters just as you describe. Usually its one (sometimes two) individuals and oddly if you look at the times of your 40 plus messages they will appear as if the sender sent them all at the same exact time. Like you I have to painfully select each one and slide left to tap delete. It’s extremely daunting at times! I’ve tried many troubleshooting tips to stop the problem. Shutdowns, restarts, reinstall, even put my Fitbit App on another device but nothing works. I have friends that have Android like you so it doesn’t seem to be a Android problem only but definitely includes iOS as well. Thankfully it’s very sporadic so hopefully it won’t happen to you often. Just don’t bother jumping through hoops trying to delete things, reinstall things as they won’t change the outcome. I’m afraid it’s a software bug of some sort that needs to be addressed by the Fitbit team. The moderators do read these forums so I’m sure they will see this message and understand the situation. 
😉 I know this doesn’t solve the problem but I hope my post offers clarity and gives an answer to the situation your experiencing (as your not alone) and hopefully it will be addressed soon. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the info regarding this very irritating issue. I have also tried everything to no avail. So I guess I will just ignore the messages since I am tired of deleting them and they returned. Thanks again and have a great day

Best Answer
0 Votes