Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android O Beta alarm time fail

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot change alarm times

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@fretnutt, I am not sure what you mean by "Android O Beta alarm time fail", and "Cannot change alarm times".  Can you be more specific as to what is happening when you use the app to change the silent alarms?  Can you add/remove alarms?  If there are existing alarms, can you turn them on or off, or can you change the times of those alarms? 

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry,

I'm running into this too. Let me explain you what is happening & how to reproduce the issue:

On Android O, open Fitbit app and go to the "silent alarm" settings, click the + sign to add a new Alarm. By default, the alarm time is populated as current time (Say 11:16pm). Click on it & change the Alarm time to another time (say 07:00 AM) then hit save. On next screen, instead of 07:00am, the alarm time reverts back to the one that was populated by default (11:16pm).

I have to use the Fitbit browser website to set silent alarms for now, cannot use native Android app on Android "O" to do so.

Best Answer

That is the same issue I am running into.

Pixel XL

Android O Beta

Updated Fitbit App and Band firmware

I am unable to edit the alarm times, the changes I try make are not persistent, as described above.

Best Answer

This also applies to trying to set the time during an attempt to log a past activity/event. (Not duration, but rather start time.)

Best Answer

This is a reproducible bug that is not resolved by clearing cache or reinstalling the app. A number of fields are not editable/saved when changed in the Android O beta. When you attempt to make changes to the affected values, the default value is saved and no changes are made, with no error message or other behavior to indicate why it's happening. I've noticed this behavior in the following places:

1. When setting a Sleep Goals > Target Sleep Schedule > "Bedtime" or "Wake up Time".
  2. When setting a Sleep Goals > "Bedtime Reminder" other than the default 10:00PM (you can turn the feature on, just not edit the 10:00PM field).
  3. When adding a custom Sleep Log

I've also noticed another bug on Android O beta, where if you have the Hourly Activity box hidden on the front page of the app, it will sometimes restore itself to visible, without user interaction. I also have the Food and Water trackers hidden, and these two boxes do not restore themselves, only the Hourly Activity box.

One final bug I've noticed in Android O, and the reason I disabled the Food tracker, is that whenever you search for a food by name and attempt to add it, the app soft crashes and generates a crash report.

Nexus 6p on Android 8.0.0

Best Answer

I'm having this issue too, support just keep saying my device isn't supported even though I've replicated it on supported devices.

Here's a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/wyzGdRdRTD0

Android O has been available to developers for a few months now, this should have been fixed a while ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes