Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pie - GPS and Text/Call/Calendar Notifications gone, Bluetooth not stable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and a Samsung A8, running Android Pie (yes, my device is on the compatible list). I have the latest Charge 2 firmware and Fitbit app.

Before upgrading to Pie, my Charge 2 connected to my A8 via bluetooth with no issues - all of the features that were promised were delivered.

Since upgrading several months ago, GPS and Text/Call/Calendar Notifications no longer work. When I try to connect my Charge 2 via bluetooth, I get error messages; however, my Charge 2 does actually sync to my A8 (though I do sometimes have to restart my phone for the sync to work).

I have tried the troubleshooting suggestions that various Fitbit reps/moderators have offered (ie: battery/power settings, "forget" Charge 2 and then add again, etc.) to no avail.

I have commented on another thread, but there have been no productive responses from Fitbit. Fitbit, what do you recommend?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have also A8 + charge 2 and all the same problems and nothing helps. I also have noticed that unstable syncing is causing troubles to other bluetooth devices to work properly.

When answering from headset/car audio the voice/mic is not working. It takes about 10-15 seconds to connect.

Best Answer

Does your GPS only connect while the phone app is open and immediately disconnects as soon as you lock your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. No, my Charge 2 is not picking up GPS (or vice versa, I'm not sure which is the correct way to describe it). If I go to start a walk, I'll try to connect my tracker to GPS, and it doesn't connect. It used to, before the upgrade to Pie.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried to connect while your Fitbit app is open?

Mine won't connect unless I open the app and as soon as I lock my phone I lose connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner , the GPS is not recognized, whether the app is active or not - just tried again this evening. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have the same issue and would be interested to know what the solution is. I don't understand why it worked for months then I had an updated on my phone and it stopped working. Its got to be a compatibility issue but neither Fitbit nor Samsung wish to take ownership and provide a solution. I took my phone 40 minutes away to the nearest Samsung shop to have it factory reset, on the advice from Fitbit that it was my phone that was at fault, only to find out later that it is a known issue. Surely FitBit need to communicate with Android/Samsung to figure out how they can fix this.

Best Answer

Did the Fitbit app connect your Charge 2 to the list of trusted Bluetooth devices @ladonnamobile.

The reason you got the error, it would have been nice to include the error, is because the user can not attach the charge 2 to the phone. They attach the charge 2 to their Fitbit account, then the Fitbit app attaches the charge 2 to the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Rich_Laue . I bought my Charge 2 in August 2018. I had been using it with an ASUS phone previously, perfectly - all promised GPS/Notification/Sync features were delivered.

I then switched to an Samsung A8 (Android, Nougat) - and all promised GPS/Notification/Sync features were delivered.

Since updating to Android Pie, the GPS and Notification functionality has disappeared and Sync is unstable (sometimes I need to restart my phone in order to sync).

Best Answer
0 Votes