Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported device - Huawei honor 6x

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please add Huawei honor 6x for compatible device

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @Arjay005, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community again. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. Rest assure our teams are constantly testing devices. 

To learn more about the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed yet, stay tuned to this link at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

When can we expect a update?

Best Answer

Hi there @swaraj89, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! As moderators we don't have information about when a device is going to listed as compatible, since it hard to determine a precise date.

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for future updates!

See you later and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously!!? 

Best Answer

It is frustrating having a Charge 2 with functionality I can't use.  The response from the Fitbit support team has been helpful and polite, but at the end of the day we are waiting  - and it appears hoping - that it appears on an engineers work schedule.  Quite annoying when the Honor 6X Bluetooth version is a later version than the Charge 2 version, and even more annoying that my old Flex that I purchased in December 2013 connects and pairs with the 6X straight away.  Some certainty that it will be fixed rather than just hope would be appreciated, or tell us if it isn't going to happen. 

Best Answer

Fitbit, please provide more support on this issue. It's extremely frustrating for many of us that have this phone.

Best Answer

Yes, pls. It's frustrating to have such a good phone but Fitbit not working reliably with this phone. Please provide official support for the same.. much appreciated!

Thank you! 

Best Answer

My wife just bought me a charge 2 for my birthday. It won't work with my honor 6x. Reading all the forums it looks as though fitbit won't give a date when it will be compatible. Now the box is opened and I have activated the fitbit how can we get our money back? It would have helped if you had said on the outside of the box which phones it is compatible with. What could have been a great day had been spoilt. Over one hundred pounds wasted

Best Answer

I have been in continual contact with Fitbit support on this issue with limited success.  I have just sent the following email to them:

Hello again,

My Charge 2 was updated yesterday to Version 22.55.2, and I was hoping that the update would include the necessary changes to Bluetooth so that it would connect to my Honor 6X.  Very disappointed that it still does not connect. Can you, the support team, put a direct request into the product development team to ask whether the Honor 6X is going to be supported, and if so when, and let myself and the other frustrated users have a definitive answer. If you are unable to do this could you please forward this to the appropriate Manager who is able to provide the answer, it is unacceptable customer service to just get meaningless reassurances with no certainty.  I will publish this message on the community board where only today another new disappointed customer has posted.

Also it now seems that a fault has been introduced into the Windows 10 Fitbit App in that the bpm number is not showing on the Dashboard screen since the Charge 2 update. 

I look forward to a more informative reply from you.

Kind regards

Chris

Best Answer

@Chriskno wrote:

I have been in continual contact with Fitbit support on this issue with limited success.  I have just sent the following email to them:

Hello again,

My Charge 2 was updated yesterday to Version 22.55.2, and I was hoping that the update would include the necessary changes to Bluetooth so that it would connect to my Honor 6X.  Very disappointed that it still does not connect. Can you, the support team, put a direct request into the product development team to ask whether the Honor 6X is going to be supported, and if so when, and let myself and the other frustrated users have a definitive answer. If you are unable to do this could you please forward this to the appropriate Manager who is able to provide the answer, it is unacceptable customer service to just get meaningless reassurances with no certainty.  I will publish this message on the community board where only today another new disappointed customer has posted.

Also it now seems that a fault has been introduced into the Windows 10 Fitbit App in that the bpm number is not showing on the Dashboard screen since the Charge 2 update. 

I look forward to a more informative reply from you.

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Folks,

This looks like Fitbit is least bothered about users with Honor 6x.. last Friday I got my charge2 with incompatibility issue with my honor 6x.. I am returning back it to seller.. n hopefully will not turn back to fitbit in future with this kind of frustrating mood.

Best Answer

Brilliant write up. That quite sums up the frustration of what we are going through. 

Fitbit customer support , @RobertoME please let us know if we should be expecting a support for Honor 6x, at all. 

Best Answer

Yeah, you can surely expect that. They'll work as strenously as they have already proved to do with Huawei, LG, Moto, Nokia, Sony, Asus etc....

Best Answer

I've never done this before but I am so appalled by fitbit's lack of concern for it's customers I'm going to spend half an hour writing some very poor reviews on line about their customer service. Probably won't do any good but it'll make me feel better to know I've done my bit to warn other potential buyers. 

Come on didn't pull your finger out and make my charge 2 work with the 6x. Is this a one off, or are there lots of unsupported models out there? 

Best Answer

No android phone made after 2016 works with fitbit. It's a disaster.

Best Answer

Hi, for your information this is the reply I have received from Fitbit:

"Hi Chris,

This is Jose, one of the supervisors from Fitbit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Upon checking our back-end tools, we've seen that your last walking activity on Oct 18 registered an average of 117 bpm. Since you mentioned that the bpm no longer shows on your Dashboard after updating your Charge 2, may you provide us a screenshot of the dashboard so we can look into it further?

With regard to your device's compatibility, our engineers are already aware and striving to integrate the Honor 6X to our Fitbit app. Rest assured that we are taking necessary resolution for this issue to be catered and addressed properly. Although we can't provide a specific time frame when this will be done, we would highly recommend you to use a different device to connect your Charge 2 while we're doing our best to have the Honor 6X supported as quickly as possible.

We apologize that you're experiencing such inconvenience and we would be really grateful for your utmost patience as we're working on a fix in order to get this matter resolved.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Jose Mari I and the Fitbit Team"

So we can hope. 

By the way, the other fault I mentioned on my dashboard is now working correctly again.

Best Answer

No, You can't hope.

They've been posting that they're working on it since 2016.you can find posts related to Huawei compatibility in this same community. It's obvious that they're unable to fix anything, but they don't admit it and keep saying that they're working on it.

Best Answer

I was so excited to get my Honor 6x today!  As a long-long-time fitbit user, not being able to sync to my phone is a low blow for me.  

Nowhere on in the "Known issues (specific Android devices)" help article are the issues or incompatibility pointed out. Please update this to save others from minor heartbreak! 

Working for a software company myself, my assumption is that making this compatible is an hours not days project for the right dev (plus QA etc etc, yada yada)... but that Fitbit may have 100+ devices they may have to approach this way. If there is no ETA, which I argue the social media folks should have access to know these things, then it has not been prioritized (ie perhaps requirements documented, but no work has begun)... and very probably never will. Wish companies could outsource these sorts of problems to the fans, ehem customers. Do not hold your breath, I won't be holding mine. 

Best Answer

Please, take a look at the "compatible devices list" thread. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Compatible-Device-List-Last-Updated-10th-July-17

You can see that fitbit doesn't support *any* recent Android device. It's not that they don't make Honor devices compatible. No brand is!

Best Answer

Bluetooth is hardly new or expensive technology. I have an old $15 Bluetooth device that will live stream a phone call or music from my Android 7 Honor 6 to my FM car stereo.  Yet a $100+ FitBit device can't even connect to record how many steps I have today? I'm sorry but this is pathetic. You guys seem to be somehow making this far more difficult than it should be technologywise.

Best Answer