Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app Food logging issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just started trying to use the food logging with the android app. I have logged 410 cals, Fitbit reads

"410 cals in - 1119 cals out 391 calories left in your budget"  Can you tell me what calories left in your budget means?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @imrjb49509.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your question.

In this case, and depending your settings, the app will make an estimation on how many calories you have consumed and how many calories you have burnt and give you a budget for them. Basically, it will calculate the calories that you can still consume based on the ones that you have burnt in order to maintain or lose weight, this is where your settings come into play. If you have set a weight goal to lose weight then it will calculate based on your desired weight loss. 

It is important to mention that this estimate will continue changing through the day as you burn more calories and shouldn't be considered the be all end all of how much you can eat. You can think of it more like a guide to give you an idea of how you are doing for the day.

I hope this clarifies what you are getting. Please let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes