Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app unusable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Android app is incrediably slow and unusable. No matter what function I pick, it takes an age to open its next screen. I've tried loging out, force stopping the app, rebooting my Samsung S3, restarting my Blaze but still it is slow. After logging out and back into the app it responds fairly well for a few minutes then back to very slow response. The app version is 2.26.

I have seen other posts in the community with similar problems. Is Fitbit going to release a working version anytime soon? I know this is a community forum, does anyone from Fitbit ever make comment or advise what efforts are being made to address the issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@JohnRF, Fitbit folks are definitely active in the community. I'll be honest - it's probably just the age of your device! I've got an S4 and have no problems with the app, even though my phone is approaching dinosaur age in electronics years.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I bought 1 Blaze and 3 Charge HR (that's what the kids wanted). I found that the app on my S3 performs better when working with the HR device than the Blaze. I'm really disappointed with the Blaze. It doesn't work with Windows unless I use one of the dongles (from my kids HR) and, as I stated befire, the Android app just freezes with it. There's lots of problems noted on the forum about this device and I've never seen any comment from Fitbit themselves on what they are doing to resolve them. I think I'll just box it up and send it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem on Moto X Play and Charge 2.  The app it very unresponsive most of the times.  Screen will go black for 5 seconds when moving from on screen to another.  Trying to update food ect it near impossible.  My wife has an iPone and that works really well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes