Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app won't auto-connect to wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm finding that the app and my Ionic are not auto-connecting to wifi networks which I have previously connected them too. Even though I have told it to save the wifi passwords, I have to keep going into the app and manually typing in the password each time - it's very boring. I've also found that the app won't connect to a network that my phone will - the message I get is that the 'authentification type is not supported'.

Thanks,

Sharon

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Shazbot75, there seems to be some confusion here.  The Fitbit app does not connect to WiFi, and has no ability to do so.  You phone can connect to WiFi, and the Fitbit app uses the phone's WiFi or cell data service to connect to the Fitbit servers, but that is extent of it.  However, the Fitbit app is used during the Ionic and the Aria 2 setup to define the WiFi connection for those devices. Once the WiFi connection is successfully established for the Ionic or Aria 2, the app no longer needs any WiFi connection access or confirmation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply. The Ionic connects to wifi to transfer music or sync music settings, hence there is a section of the app where you can add networks. It also seems to require wifi to download sizable clock face files, as it has failed any time I've tried to change a clock face without being in range of a wifi network I'm connected to. My phone doesn't have any issues with wifi connectivity, however when transferring music I always seem to have to go back to the wifi setting in the app and re-enter the password details, as the apps fails to save them.

Thanks,

Sharon

Best Answer