Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app won't let me in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This evening, when i attempted to open the Fitbit Alta app on my android, it refused to open as it always has before and instead gave a screen with two options:  "Join Fitbit" or "Log in."  I had to hit the link to change my password, which i successfully did on line.  However, the phone still refuses to accept the password.  What does it take to get this to work again?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there @guilodave, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! How it goes so far, were you able to access your Fitbit account?

Yesterday in the morning due to maintenance, some users were not able to have access to theirs accounts and this was for a brief moment, but this has been restored and all access should be reestablished.

Can you confirm this? I'll be around in case you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for our response, but i am still locked out. The app doesn't
recognize my password even after i have clicked the "forgot password" link
and reset it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @guilodave, good to see you again. I'm sorry since I've been absent lately, but I'm wondering if you were able to access to your Fitbit account?

In your last update, I saw after we restored the access you were having still issues to log in to your Fitbit app despite you changed your password. Hope you do not need to do this, but in case you are still having troubles proceed with the following suggestion:

Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Also turning Off and On your Wifi settings might help to access your account.

See you later and for more questions stay tuned to our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes