Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Text disappeared after a recent App update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the latest Fitbit app (2.56) on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and use the standard Samsung Keyboard. After a recent update (within the last month), the predictive text on the keyboard has disappeared when I search for food to input. I checked the android settings and everything is correct. Other apps that use the keyboard still get predictive text - only the Fitbit app doesn't show it anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this on purpose?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Peter64, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community one more time! I wasn't pay attention to this option of predictive text within the app, so after I saw your post I went to my Fitbit app and give it a try. Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate the scenario since despite I'm running the latest version of Fitbit app I'm still able to see the predictive text option of my phone.

This perhaps might depend of the mobile phone brand, so my recommendation is to try the following:

Please log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME - I tried the steps you recommended and the predictive text still does not show when searching for Food. The predictive text does show when entering my username for login, but not for Food searching. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Peter64, thank you for keep me posted about the result of following the previous suggestions. Certainly it's getting tricky this issue. I tried again with my phone to make sure I was not skipping something, but predictive text is there for food logs or exercise logs.

Lets try the following, in case you haven't tried it yet:

Make sure to sync your tracker and all the information is uploaded on your app. Once you have synced, proceed to uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall it again.

This might address the issue as it does not seem to be a bug caused by the app. I believed is more related in the way your mobile phone interact with the Fitbit app, taking base on your previous comments about the predictive text is working with other apps or with the login screen of the Fitbit app.

See you later and hope this resolved the issue.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks @RobertoME. I tried the reinstall and it still doesn't work. I did notice however that the keyboard is very simular to the password entry keyboard which purposely turns off predictive text. Other keyboard inputs in the Fitbit app are fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  am having this same issue with my S7. I have tried a of the suggestions and I still do not have predictive text

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  am having this same issue with my S7. I have tried a of the suggestions and I still do not have predictive text

Best Answer
0 Votes