Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is a Charge 3 compatible with a Samsung S8
Android version 9 phone?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ybriggs 

You can look here to see all the compatible devices here : https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

😃 I hope that answered you question 

Best Answer

I have to replace my Charge 2 tracker, it no longer works. My phone is a Samsung S8 with Android OS version 9. According to the information you sent me none of your trackers will sync with my phone.  Not a happy customer!!!!. On your web the specs for a Charge 4 states it will sync with android 7 and up!!!!!  Can you check your people to verrify before I waste my money on a Fitbit charge 4 tracker?

Best Answer

Hello again @ybriggs 

I can assure you that the link I provided you is the lasted most accurate information. Can you provide me with a screenshot of where it stated it will sync with android 7 and up? If it’s the official Fitbit Store it needs to be reported and corrected. I would also encourage you to contact Fitbit Customer Service so that you can have all your concerns addressed before you make your purchase: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated!

@ybriggs Nice to see you again here in the forums. Thanks for reaching out the app compatibility. As MegaBite kindly explained, the minimum requirement as of now is Android 10. This is outlined in the link provided above. However, you are certainly correct, I just checked the information in the product description on the website and it does state Android 7. I assume this information has not been updated since launch. I will report this so that this information is updated. However, the most recent information is found here: Fitbit Supported Devices - click here

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Unlike ybriggs, I already have a Charge 4 that Fitbit that was rendered useless by Fitbit not only removing, but blocking use of their app with any Android OS prior to version 10.

My phone runs Android 7 and is doing very well otherwise so I have no reason to 'upgrade' just to be able to use my Charge 4 so I'll get rid of it and switch to a competitor.  And I did look at the PC based app for Windows, but after scanning hundreds of one star reviews, decided not to waste any more time or money with a company that decides to orphan products and excuses it by blaming technology.  I wonder how many other people are in the same unnecessary predicament?

Best Answer