Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

Yes the Fitbit Flex seems to reject any of the other versions of Fitbit Solutions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I havnt been able to sync my fitbit for 2 days .How do get it to work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to switch trackers today. I tried to sync them before I went out this morning, and my andoid automatically picked up the update. So my "alternative" tracker (the one I had switched to) picked up some of the previous tracker's step count, but not all, I was around 300 steps short. I expected it to right itself when I got home and synced again, but the android refused to sync at all. I went to the PC, and strangely all my steps since I switched trackers have disappeared, and the tracker reset back to this morning's count. I'm not certain how many steps I've lost, but the steps for my challenge are useless today. I've now switched back to my favoured tracker, and have a step count that is 7 hours old.

Do these updates get tested before they are released? Maybe they are tested with "current versions" of device software, which many people to not have! Very annoyed!!!

Best Answer
Supposedly Fitbit is working on a solution for the flax after the most
recent phone updates, still not working for me either and it's now been
about 5 days for me.
Best Answer

After several restarts of both pc and One, and some fiddling with pc bluetooth settings, got my One syncing with my Win10 laptop. Unfortunately, it had also been knocked out of my account, so only today and yesterday data was available, the previous 5 days lost (going back to the last sync I did).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since there was a Samsung update on July 22, my Fit Bit Flex and Bluetooth will not sync. I have done all the troubleshooting things from Fit Bit, spoke with them, and they sent a new Fit Bit to me. My Bluetooth will sometimes say it found the Flex, but then will not connect, and says, "Cannot communicate with Flex". I spent an hour and a half at the local ATT Store this week, 3 agents and none could figure it out. I just spent another hour and half on the Samsung/ATT Help site... and the guy said that the Samsung upgrade that was done on July 22 made Samsung and Fit Bit not compatible. My options,: (1) see what the ETA on A Fit Bit Upgrade is, (2) back up my phone and do a system reset... I really don't want to risk losing all my info, so Fit Bit, do you have an ETA on when these issues will be resolved?? soon I hope, as I really miss my Flex!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My update on LG phone occurred last week and I called customer Service. After 3 tries we finally got it to sync but I have just noticed the Notifications won't show up on the phone. My fitbit Blaze states there working but nothing is coming through.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't you manually download your flex activities to a home computer? My
Zip came with a dongle which allows me to still download my steps to my
computer until they (fitbit, verizon, Android, google) come up with a fix.
Don't reset your phone, there's nothing wrong with it! I've been using
Fitbit for 4 years now and have gone through these sync issue twice, they
were able to resolve both and I don't see why they won't be able to solve
this glitch...
Best Answer

I only have chromebooks. Fitbit won't sync with a chromebook. I can only sync with my phone, which isn't working. 

@JayLatko wrote:
Can't you manually download your flex activities to a home computer? My
Zip came with a dongle which allows me to still download my steps to my
computer until they (fitbit, verizon, Android, google) come up with a fix.
Don't reset your phone, there's nothing wrong with it! I've been using
Fitbit for 4 years now and have gone through these sync issue twice, they
were able to resolve both and I don't see why they won't be able to solve
this glitch...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about updating us on when and if you can fix this problem.  Some of us might stop waiting and move on the a different product, because we are not getting any information.

Best Answer

I already did! My Surge last synced late Monday night. They wouldn't replace it saying it had a defective heat sensor. Bought and returned the Blaze the same day because I couldn't connect to either samsung or iPhone out of the box. It is now Sunday afternoon and I'm trying out the Garmin VivoactiveHR. All my coworkers just got new fitbits and started the challenges. Maybe I'll talk them into switching over. I'll miss the challenges with them but I know this VivoactiveHR has more 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. I hope that this issue is resolved quickly. The fitbit is basically a pedometer without the ability to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR has not synced since the update. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the problem is with Samsung. I have another gadget "Garage Mate" that uses similar pairing and communication as the Fitbit. It stopped communicating the same time as the Fitbit. I have exchanged several emails and phone calls with them. They even sent me a new unit. No luck!

I spoke with Verizon for over an hour and tried all kinds of fixes (don't bother), They told me that the update came from Samsung and that Verizon was acting as a distributer. 

I know now that Verizon, Fitbit and Garagemate should be aware of the problem. I am not so sure about Samsung. 

Best Answer

My Flex stopped synching Saturday, 8/12/2017, around 2:45 PM PDT. I use an Android device (Note 4), but my Flex is also having problems synching with my MacBook Pro. I've noticed that Bluetooth on my Flex appears to have become flaky. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Charging works fine, and it is tracking my steps internally. How many days before the internal buffer is full and starts to overwrite the older data? Can the data be synched using the charge cradle plugged into a USB port on my computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to add that I installed a new Android update sometime 8/12/2017. I'm not sure of the time, but it was probably after my last Fitbit synch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lynda,

When you re-set your tracker, you lost all of your steps, right?

Clyde

Best Answer
0 Votes

IPhone didn't work with either my surge. Bough Blaze and that didnt work either out of the box. Both didn't work with the samsung

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Mine won't sync with my Dell Windows 8.1 either. I am not sure what the problem is, usually when the phone upgrades come out I can still sync with my phone, it has not be able to sync since Saturday at 6:17 am.  Thank you for the information though, I will keep trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1st surge band bubbled within the first few months. Sent me a replacement and all was well until the last two app updates this month. Replacement was less than a month shy of a year so they only offered a 25% discount. Not using the discount, bought the new blaze but it wouldn't pair/connect with either samsung or iPhone out of the box. So, it wasn't the operating system, it wasn't the tracker; returned the blaze that same day. 7th day of not syncing on either device, even on the computer and reading tons of other people with syncing issues after these updates who have all tryed all troubleshooting tips out there. I finally decided to move on...at least this one synced out of the box, you can actually swim with it on (fitbit's "water resistant" ones recommend not showering or swimming with them on) and longer battery life...Fitbit customer service has stopped responding...1st surge band bubbled within the first few months. Sent me a replacement and all was well until the last two app updates this month. Replacement was less than a month shy of a year so they only offered a 25% discount. Not using the discount, bought the new blaze but it wouldn't pair/connect with either samsung or iPhone out of the box. So, it wasn't the operating system, it wasn't the tracker; returned the blaze that same day. 7th day of not syncing on either device, even on the computer and reading tons of other people with syncing issues after these updates who have all tryed all troubleshooting tips out there. I finally decided to move on...at least this one synced out of the box, you can actually swim with it on (fitbit's "water resistant" ones recommend not showering or swimming with them on) and longer battery life...Fitbit customer service has stopped responding...

Best Answer
0 Votes