Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android work profile notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a "Work Profile" set up on my Android phone (required by my company - here is info https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en)

None of the Apps within my "Work Profile" show up in the list of Apps when I go to "Notifications -> App Notifications". Main one that is missing is Outlook - so I can get my meeting reminders on my wrist.

How do I get Android Work Profile to play nice with Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I found a work around that worked for Garmin, it works for my Pixels 4 too.

Install the same work profile app on your personal profile. You don't need to set it up or have a personal Outlook account, just the app installed in personal profile.

Then you can go into the Fitbit app, notifications and you'll see Outlook and can tick it for notifications. It just worked for me, my Versa 2 displayed a notification from my work profile Outlook.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

the funny thing is that i have some apps in the work profile that send notifications to my Versa 2, without appearing in the list of apps that are allowed to send notifications. funny uh?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does Fitbit have any updates on this issue?

Anyone else worked it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a work around that worked for Garmin, it works for my Pixels 4 too.

Install the same work profile app on your personal profile. You don't need to set it up or have a personal Outlook account, just the app installed in personal profile.

Then you can go into the Fitbit app, notifications and you'll see Outlook and can tick it for notifications. It just worked for me, my Versa 2 displayed a notification from my work profile Outlook.

Best Answer

Can confirm that this works for my Pixel 4a 5g. Thanks for posting the workaround!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also worked for my Charge4 on Galaxy S10. There should be a way to pin your answer at the top.  Thanks for the tip! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the solution it worked for me too.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol I can't believe I bought a new watch because of this.....

And I was curious then I went trying .. 

It works 😭😭😭

Amazing solution, i dont get why android is not managing storage space and notification better between Profile

Try to access your personal gallery when you are on slack with a work profile.. nightmare I have to sent it by email to myself 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for my Fitbit Versa 4 and Google Pixel 6 Pro, too. Thank you! Pretty ridiculous though, that I have a Fitbit, which is now owned by Google, and a Google phone, and have to use this work around, but my coworker does not have to use any work around with his Fitbit and his iPhone.

Best Answer