Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble with version 2.56?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see that there was a bug fix with 2.56 08/23/17 however now I am having issues within challenges when I cheer someone or receive cheers. What I see is just a generic icon next to my cheer or next to the other person's cheer and not their profile pic so I can't tell who actually cheered me on Woman Sad I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also restarting my Fitbit Charge2 device. I have a Samsung S8+ so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. Thanks for your feedback.

IMG_0864.JPG

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@MzPI have noticed the same thing. At least it acknowledges you have cheered..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Also I'm now losing distance in a MobileTrack walk. It shows up as lost pace (see the gaps)..and looking at the graph it could mean loss of GPS which hasn't happened before.. I was walking at 5kmh pace. Comparing exactly the same walk it should be been 0.71km @ 12'/km..  Ironically the map is correct.

I will do some more testing.. and ... use my Surge as the comparison umpire which is extremely accurate on GPS and pace..

Also the map may display in the phone eventually.   This was a pause/Finish with no resumes .. The step count is correct and within 1% of my other walks.. It always shows in the PC after the sync..

Pause Finish lost distance 256aug17.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks for posting @Colinm39 , glad I am not alone Robot EmbarassedRobot surprised .Everyone else I asked in the challenge said they were not having issues seeing others that cheered. I am assuming they downloaded the update. Let's see if anyone else has issues. Maybe we'll have someone respond. 

Best Answer

@MzP It definitely started in V2.56.

@MzP wrote:

Thanks for posting @Colinm39 , glad I am not alone Robot EmbarassedRobot surprised .Everyone else I asked in the challenge said they were not having issues seeing others that cheered. I am assuming they downloaded the update. Let's see if anyone else has issues. Maybe we'll have someone respond. 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to see who is cheering for the past couple of days in my challenges.  Seems like a problem with Android phones verses Iphone.

Best Answer

Thank you @Katepm. Around the same time I started to experience this issues, I started to get these annoying pop ups on my phone from Google play and other sites and I also was not receiving notifications on my Fitibt after the update so I thought it had something to do with my phone. I had heard in the past few days that there was some kind of malware associated with some downloaded apps so I was not sure what was really going on. Let's see if they release another update.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 will not sync with my Motorola G3 after updating to V 2.56.   Chat with FITBIT and basically I am on my own since the moto g is not on the compatible device list.  Asked that issue be sent to a tier 2 or higher support since everything was fine prior to the update.  Asked if i could get the software for V 2.55 and go back - option not granted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device will not sync either. The last sync was yesterday at 7:43 p.m. I hope it's not like the last episode a few weeks ago. I have an lg stylo 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit app was updated yesterday and now it won't sync with the Bluetooth. There are so many complaints in the review section of the app. All my hourly step stats,  my sleep stats are all the same for everyday now. Has anyone else got this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sync issue as resolved in another discussion. All I had to do is remove my device from Bluetooth and then add the device to the app again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I'll give that a go. 

@RRT wrote:

My sync issue as resolved in another discussion. All I had to do is remove my device from Bluetooth and then add the device to the app again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, exactly the same issue.

Also since that update I lose any keeps the app manages to create, as soon as I move on from that screen.

This update is disastrous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a pain.  I did what was suggested above and so far so good 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2.56 on a Samsung Galaxy 7.  A friend is having the same problem and he has a Motorola.  Not sure what FitBit version he has, but it's probably 2.56 since he just had an upgrade.

I have uninstalled & installed.  Uninstalled, rebooted, & installed.  Uninstalled, turned the Phone off, turned it back on, & installed.  Cleared the Storage Data and Cache, uninstalled, turned the Phone off, rebooted my Charge2, turned the Phone back on, & installed.  NONE of that changed anything.

Not only am I seeing the Ghosts for all of the Cheers, we also have an Invisible Stepper in one of the Hustles I'm in.  I do not see her on the Leaderboard nor does another Android Friend who's in the same Challenge.   I saw when she joined the Challenge and I see all of the FitBit Messages regarding her achievements.  But I don't see her.

I'm starting to get extremely distressed by not being able to see whom is my accomplishments and my messages!

Ghosts & Invisible StepperGhosts & Invisible Stepper

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MzP @Katepm @BLLingg Thanks for reporting this Challenges issue! I tested this myself and received the same result on the last Android app version 2.56. Please follow this post here for any updates about this. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@BLLingg. I have emailed fitbit,  spoken to them on the chat and the usual answer...... "we are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. " yeah what a joke. 

The only thing that works for me and I've done everything you have done multipul times as well,  is unpair the tracker from the Bluetooth,  then reboot the phone and that has worked or , replace the Alta hr, or add new device,  in the settings. Try those options.   My auto update for the app is turned off and I stupidly updated it when my phone asked if I wanted to update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nannykaren Sorry to hear you're having difficulty syncing your tracker. To further troubleshoot this, I recommend removing the tracker from your account and then going through the setup flow to pair it again with your mobile device. To remove the tracker go to Account > click your tracker tile > remove the tracker with the trash icon on the upper-right hand side. 

To prevent duplicate threads, I'm going to close this thread now and if anyone still has issues with cheering in Challenges, please follow this thread here that will be updated when I have more information. Thanks everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer