Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges not showing who cheered

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 11/6/17 

Hey, everyone! Smiley Happy

Super happy to hear that you can finally see who has cheered you in Challenges again. Thanks for confirming with the release of the Fitbit for Android app version 2.61 you can see the picture of who has cheered you. If you're an Android user still experiencing this issue, please make sure to update the app.

Now that this has been resolved, I am going to close this thread. If any of you come across this issue again in the future, please make sure to open a new topic for discussion. Thanks to all of you for being patient while this was worked out. I'll see you all around here on the Forums!

Fitbit Update: 10/03/17

Hey, all! Please allow me to clear up some confusion. The cheers not showing up in challenges is only affecting the Android app. This is why if some of you also own iOS devices, you're still able to see cheers inside Challenges. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. Our team is going to work on a fix, but I don't know when that fix will be released. I'll continue to post any updates here. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/17

Hey, folks! Thanks for your patience while our team works on a fix. The recent Fitbit app update for Android did not contain a fix for this Challenges issue. Rest assured, once a fix has been identified and released I will make sure to announce it here in this thread.

Fitbit Update: 08/29/17

Thanks for catching this, everyone! I tested this on an Android device, with the Fitbit app version 2.56 and noticed the same result. I have escalated this to our team for review. I will provide an update once I have new information. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

By George, I believe they have FINALLY fixed it!!! I updated app last night to version 2.61 (they had update for Ionic platform and the usual message about bug fixes). I did  restart of my phone. I noticed a couple of interesting changes in community feed and that was it. This morning, I went to a weekly step challenge and cheered and holy moley I can see my little avatar/image now!!!!😭😁💖 I hope this is it and hope y'all get the update too!!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

Started today... Anybody that cheers anything on my challenges is showing a blank person. Their picture has disappeared , so I can't tell who cheered what... Just that someone did. Their picture still shows if they leave a comment.. Just not on the "cheer" part. Any suggestions? I logged off and back on and I reset my fitbit with no luck.

Best Answer

Moving to the android forum.

I have the same problem

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have the same problem after the update

Best Answer

Ditto. Same problem!

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  All of the cheers are blank faces.

Best Answer

I logged into an iPhone with my fitbit login and was able to see pics on cheers 

Seems the update not too friendly with androids 

Best Answer

Thanks for catching this, everyone! I tested this on an Android device, with the Fitbit app version 2.56 and noticed the same result. I have escalated this to our team for review. I will provide an update once I have new information. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Since the last update I can not see the participates real faces when cheering in challenges.  All I see is blank faces so u don't know who cheered.  😢  liked seeing who cheered who.  Please fix...

Best Answer

Please see this thread as it is a known problem.

Moving this post to that thread as well

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Challenges-not-showing-who-cheered/m-p/2166253#M57827

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My emotions are escalating the longer it takes to debug this situation! 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Anyone-else-having-trouble-with-version-2-56/m-p/2165634...

I am getting depressed and am now at the point where I am unwilling to accept any Warrior or Goal Day Challenge Invitations. Not sure if I'll be willing to accept any Hustle Invitations for next Week.  Hopefully, 2 Days without getting slapped in the Face will cheer me up.

I have just gone through a Week without knowing who has cheered and who has not.  Since there are a couple of FitFriends who have become very important to me, not knowing if they cheered me is damaging my ego. 

And I'm stepping with someone who is somewhere on the Leaderboard but I am unable to see how I'm doing in relation to her.

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

Finally Woman WinkHeart I just noticed that a challenge that began as of 12am U.S. Central time on Sunday 09/03/17 which I initiated now shows my profile pic when I cheer someone. I went back to a weekend warrior which began yesterday 09/02/17 (in which I was already participating in) and the cheers in that challenge still have blank faces for any new cheers (as well as for a challenge which began 09/02/17 in a different timezone which I just joined 09/03/17 at 2:05 am) which is okay with me as long as any new challenges as of 09/03/07 continue to show the profile pic on a cheer. I hope everyone has success now with this issue. I have a Samsung S8+, Charge2 & the challenge I began was the NYC 10K group adventure (I did not have to restart my phone nor was there any systems downloads/updates needed). It's early in the morning so I do not see any other cheers yet in the marthon challenge. I don't usually see any cheers on the group adventures so I will probably have to start a daily showdown or goal day challenge (where I am more likely to see other people cheer) in order to see if other particiapant's profile pics appear on the cheers or not. Best wishes everyone. Hopefully this also resolves the syncing issue which some people have been experiencing with the last update. 

MzP 

Best Answer

I have a workweek hustle starting tomorrow.. All faces in the cheer section are still blank..😔 

@MzP wrote:

Finally Woman WinkHeart I just noticed that a challenge that began as of 12am U.S. Central time on Sunday 09/03/17 which I initiated now shows my profile pic when I cheer someone. I went back to a weekend warrior which began yesterday 09/02/17 (in which I was already participating in) and the cheers in that challenge still have blank faces for any new cheers (as well as for a challenge which began 09/02/17 in a different timezone which I just joined 09/03/17 at 2:05 am) which is okay with me as long as any new challenges as of 09/03/07 continue to show the profile pic on a cheer. I hope everyone has success now with this issue. I have a Samsung S8+, Charge2 & the challenge I began was the NYC 10K group adventure (I did not have to restart my phone nor was there any systems downloads/updates needed). It's early in the morning so I do not see any other cheers yet in the marthon challenge. I don't usually see any cheers on the group adventures so I will probably have to start a daily showdown or goal day challenge (where I am more likely to see other people cheer) in order to see if other particiapant's profile pics appear on the cheers or not. Best wishes everyone. Hopefully this also resolves the syncing issue which some people have been experiencing with the last update. 

MzP 

Best Answer

I have the same Problem... Kinda annoying.. I hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer

Hi @Jenbem - well I just noticed today that the NYC 26.2 mile adventure which started today shows the profile pic on cheers. However, a Goal Day challenge I established today to begin tomorrow does not show the profile pic for cheers- blank again so my theory is blown out of the water. No rhyme or reason! This is nutsRobot Sad

Best Answer

This has been going on for 2 weeks. I'm OVER IT. Please fix this soon. I need to know who cheered!!!!!! It's important!!!!!!!! 

Best Answer

Have you heard ANYTHING? This is getting pretty frustrating. 

Best Answer
Actually, I called Fitbit customer support. They told me that they are
aware of the issue and if there has been any resolution, we will see it
corrected on the next FitBit update.....that happens every 15-20 days he
said. So he told me around Sept 10th or so they will process another
Fitbit update....and if the engineers fixed it, then it will be fixed in
the app.
Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know. I sure hope they fix this problem!! This really sucks!!

Best Answer

In the Goal Day, Hustle, and Warrior, I still see nothing but a whole bunch of Ghosts with the Cheers.  In the Pohono Adventure Challenge, I am seeing the Profile Photo.  Woman Happy  It was started yesterday.

Pohono Trail Challenge 090917Pohono Trail Challenge 090917

In general, I hate updates of any kind, not just FitBit, since they always change or mess up something.  But if the next one fixes this Depressing, Discouraging, Highly Stressful NIGHTMARE, y'all will be able to hear my Cheers no matter where you are!!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer