Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges not showing who cheered

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 11/6/17 

Hey, everyone! Smiley Happy

Super happy to hear that you can finally see who has cheered you in Challenges again. Thanks for confirming with the release of the Fitbit for Android app version 2.61 you can see the picture of who has cheered you. If you're an Android user still experiencing this issue, please make sure to update the app.

Now that this has been resolved, I am going to close this thread. If any of you come across this issue again in the future, please make sure to open a new topic for discussion. Thanks to all of you for being patient while this was worked out. I'll see you all around here on the Forums!

Fitbit Update: 10/03/17

Hey, all! Please allow me to clear up some confusion. The cheers not showing up in challenges is only affecting the Android app. This is why if some of you also own iOS devices, you're still able to see cheers inside Challenges. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. Our team is going to work on a fix, but I don't know when that fix will be released. I'll continue to post any updates here. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/17

Hey, folks! Thanks for your patience while our team works on a fix. The recent Fitbit app update for Android did not contain a fix for this Challenges issue. Rest assured, once a fix has been identified and released I will make sure to announce it here in this thread.

Fitbit Update: 08/29/17

Thanks for catching this, everyone! I tested this on an Android device, with the Fitbit app version 2.56 and noticed the same result. I have escalated this to our team for review. I will provide an update once I have new information. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

Monopoly-like Emojis would be better than what we have now!!!  Or even our Initials (e.g. @CityLion = CK, @Elliekennard = EK, @MzP = M, @Tamayo = AT, etc.)  Neither would clear up the confusion 100% of the time, but would provide clues and would sure clear it up more than our Ghosts!

@AlessFitbit, as the Moderator of this Topic, please do me (us!) the courtesy of providing a reply to my inquiry on Page 4, 19 October, (Message 84).  We're all getting more & more frustrated and your lack of response is feeding the fire.

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

I would like an update on the fix too.
Here we are going into November... Christmas and other holidays are coming
and people will be asking for and receiving Fitbits as gifts. Android
phone users are kinda screwed. All their "Apple friends" talking about how
cool fitbit is and Android users will not be happy....why buy a product
that doesn't even work completely? The challenges are what makes Fitbit
fun....but it's no fun without knowing who's cheering for you, and who's
cheering comments.
Please update us! Are they any closer to a fix? Is there progress?
Thank you...

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

@BLLingg Thanks for all your feedback on this issue. I'm aware of how important this is for you and the rest of the users active on this thread. My job as a Moderator is to ensure that conversations are kept on-topic and if there are issues such as this one, that it is escalated to the development team in charge of the feature/product. I can relay your feedback and also gather more information if needed. 

I haven't forgotten about this ongoing issue with "cheers" in Challenges in the Android app. I know it takes away from the Challenges experience, but rest assured our team is looking into it. At this time, I don't have any new information to share with you all. Thanks for remaining patient on the matter, your feedback is appreciated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

By George, I believe they have FINALLY fixed it!!! I updated app last night to version 2.61 (they had update for Ionic platform and the usual message about bug fixes). I did  restart of my phone. I noticed a couple of interesting changes in community feed and that was it. This morning, I went to a weekly step challenge and cheered and holy moley I can see my little avatar/image now!!!!😭😁💖 I hope this is it and hope y'all get the update too!!!

Best Answer

Thank you, @AlessFitbit.  I can't speak for others, but it helps me to know that your Role is as a Emissary.

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Fixed for me!

Best Answer

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!  @MzP  is right!!!   I just upgraded to 2.61.

Sorry, @AlessFitbit, she got hers posted while I was working on mine!

I CAN SEE THE IMAGES!!!  Wednesday's Goal Day's show!  Thursday's Goal Day's show!  Today's Goal Day's show!  This coming Warrior's show!  This Week's Hustle all show!!!

@AlessFitbit, Please relay to the Development Team in charge of the Android Challenge Ghost Issue a Heart felt THANK YOU!!! 

And please please don't let this be a temporary manifestation!!!

Best Answer

How do you upgrade?

@BLLingg wrote:

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!  @MzP  is right!!!   I just upgraded to 2.61.

Sorry, @AlessFitbit, she got hers posted while I was working on mine!

I CAN SEE THE IMAGES!!!  Wednesday's Goal Day's show!  Thursday's Goal Day's show!  Today's Goal Day's show!  This coming Warrior's show!  This Week's Hustle all show!!!

@AlessFitbit, Please relay to the Development Team in charge of the Android Challenge Ghost Issue a Heart felt THANK YOU!!! 

And please please don't let this be a temporary manifestation!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jenbem, I had to go into Google's PlayStore and the Button said, "Update" (or "Upgrade," can't recall which it was.)  Clicked it and voila, as soon as it was done, I was able to see the Avatars!!!

Best Answer

@BLLingg.  Thank you very much!!! It worked!! I can now see who cheers!! WooHoo!!😀😄😊

@BLLingg wrote:

@Jenbem, I had to go into Google's PlayStore and the Button said, "Update" (or "Upgrade," can't recall which it was.)  Clicked it and voila, as soon as it was done, I was able to see the Avatars!!!

Best Answer

@Jenbemdid you start this Topic?  You're the First Message.  If you did, you should have the "Accept as a Solution" Button showing in @MzP's Message (Message 104 on Page 6).  If you do, please make sure that she gets the credit for the discovery and click on that Button in her Message!!!

If it wasn't Jenben, will whomever did start it or @AlessFitbit, would ya please do it?!?!?

THANK YOU!!!

Best Answer

@BLLingg  I did start this topic. There isn't a "Accept as a Solution" button anywhere on @MzP message.😔

Best Answer
The problem is solved! (At least on my Android.) With today's new fitbit
update, the faces are back on the cheers. 😀
Best Answer

Mine too!!! finally!!

Best Answer

Hooray!! At last!! The photos are back🖒

Best Answer
IT WORKED FOR ME TOO! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer

Android 2.61 not only reinstates profile pic in cheer; it is screaming fast on first touch.  Something, I have not experienced before.  Gr8 Job Fitbit!

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer

THANK YOU, @MzP!  It is so very very nice to be able to see who is (and who isn't!) cheering for you once again!!

I sure hope you get credit for the Solution!!  That gives you more Points so that you will get moved up in the Community Ranking from Base Runner to Runner!!  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Community-Basics/About-Community-Ranks/td-p/272000

Not sure why @Jenbem doesn't have the Button since she's supposed to as the starter of the Topic.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Community-Basics/About-Accepted-Solutions/td-p/272222  

@AlessFitbit, would you please mark her Message as the one to finally tell us how to get rid of the Ghosts?  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!

Best Answer

@BLLingg@Jenbem and everyone on the thread, I can’t tell ya’ll how happy this resolution made me. When this started I felt like I had been lost in the woods with this issue as everyone in the challenges was saying that they were not experiencing this problem. Finally finding everyone here made me feel like I was not alone. Even if I only had somewhere to check in, at least it was something.

Group hug to everyone and to our moderator too, thank you @AlessFitbit for checking back to at least to let us know our concerns were not going unheard. I have learned from this experience that the community is a great resource to find out more about these updates and the opportunity to dialogue constructively so vital. I am hoping that Fitibit just continues to get better & better HeartRobot Happy

Best Answer