Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@seagreen939 Please know that you won't see your Community ranking on your Fitbit.com Dashboard, log, or profile. If I may, please allow me to help explain the difference between Community rankings and the Fitbit profile badge system:

Community Rankings: The more time you spend and the more active you are in the community, the higher you rank. It really is as simple as that! The names of the badges are based on distance intervals, but we do appreciate the feedback for the names.

Fitbit Profile Badge System: Badges can be earned by achieving a certain level of activity with your Fitbit device, and are independent of your activity on the Community. The more active your are in your daily life, the more badges you'll earn. In the beginning, you'll earn badges relatively quickly, but you'll have to work harder to earn those more difficult badges.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy Again, thanks for your feedback!

moderator: Edited for clarity

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

Thanks for this infomative message.  I wasn't clear on the ranking names.

Best Answer

Thanks, all new to me, you cleared up alot.

Best Answer

I just started browsing the Discussions and was wondering about the "Community Ranks" Thanks for posting this information. Smiley Wink

Question  Will they show in the group section also ?

Best Answer

@CarolS @SunsetRunner Excellent! Thanks for stopping by to say so.

@debbi2qlts Great question! Community Ranks will not appear in the Groups section. Fitbit Groups operate independently. 

Best Answer

Not sure if this has already been asked or not but If you are contributing less to posts or for whatever reason can your rank fall back? I enjoy them a lot. Before I was given my Fitbit Flex, I did start using my fitness pal, but then stopped. The Flex has got me motivated again, hopefully more longer term too! Whilst everyone's NY resolution was to get fit and crowd the gym, I did the opposite (unforunately I wasn't well) and it completely interupted my motivation. Great to have it back again! 

Harriet | UK | Don't wish for it work for it!

Flex, Samsung Nexus & Windows 7

Don't forget to mark as a solution or vote for a posting if you find it helpful 🙂

Best Answer

@Hats26 Your rediscovered motivation is inspiring! Great to hear that the Flex has helped you get moving more often!

To answer your question, your rank shouldn't ever decrease - you can only move upward, even if you take a break from posting. However, our listings of "Most Helpful" and "Top Solutions" users are constantly updating based on new posts, so you'll only hold a position on there by posting frequently.

Best Answer

Thank you Matthew! I am always eager to keep my routine for as long as possible so when the routine breaks so does my motivation. My personality comes with a lot of stress so that is the main reason to get so involved with exercise (other than getting fit) is for that and to keep it to a minimum. I have a lot of faith in Fitbit Flex and I love the layout of the Dashboard, Premium etc. Still learning a lot though- Such as my shock that my Dashboard suddenly said I was in the green zone then moved to the 'under section'.

Ah I see, thank you for answering my question. There is so much to Fitbit that is brilliant. My motivation is at its worst during and after the holidays, so fingers crossed I can crack the fall back after Easter break. I did lose confidence in my running style too before Christmas, so that did not help either. I am trying to learn to run on the balls of my feet, I hear that is a better form of running?! 

Don't forget to mark as a solution or vote for a posting if you find it helpful 🙂

Best Answer

I am looking forward to getting to know the FitBit community.

Best Answer
Would raising awareness of worldwide running/walking events help with inspiration? Eg adding names of ranks like survival of the fittest, colour me rad, electric circus.. I only know of these events through word of mouth or facebook

Best Answer

Thanks for the info! 

Best Answer
Very helpful. Thanks.
Best Answer

Thank you for posting this info 🙂

Best Answer

Is there a section where new people can go and make friends on her for motovation? If so where can I find this section. I am still learning all this.

Best Answer

@mobley001 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! We do have a forum specifically for the purpose of meeting other Fitbit users and finding friends: Share Your Story!

I hope you'll post there and introduce yourself!

Best Answer

thanks for posting this... i was wondering what all those titles were about!

Best Answer
Fitbit Flyer
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Thanks. Looks like someone is having fun expressing a value of obsessiveness.Man Very Happy Keep on.

Jack

Best Answer

First, other than an email I can't find my ranking anywhere in the Dashboard, Log or Profile.  Where is it?

Second, how about adding a tier that gives credit for Floors?  In one Community I can't catch the leader in steps, but I am cleaning up in Floors, within an order of magnitude.  For example, the tiers could be titled with Mountaineer descriptions... Everest Mountaineer as the top of the tier. 

Third, since I am really a hiker not a walker, I'd like to see Floors on the Community Leadership Board.  Perhaps as an option? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

@seagreen939 Please know that you won't see your Community ranking on your Fitbit.com Dashboard, log, or profile. If I may, please allow me to help explain the difference between Community rankings and the Fitbit profile badge system:

Community Rankings: The more time you spend and the more active you are in the community, the higher you rank. It really is as simple as that! The names of the badges are based on distance intervals, but we do appreciate the feedback for the names.

Fitbit Profile Badge System: Badges can be earned by achieving a certain level of activity with your Fitbit device, and are independent of your activity on the Community. The more active your are in your daily life, the more badges you'll earn. In the beginning, you'll earn badges relatively quickly, but you'll have to work harder to earn those more difficult badges.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy Again, thanks for your feedback!

moderator: Edited for clarity

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer