Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Macros don't match browser macros

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any idea why this is happening?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/CFpOb2F.jpg[/img]

Also, are there plans to add net carbs to the app/site, or at least fiber to the app so I can calculate it without having to open the site in Chrome on my phone to check my daily fiber intake and do the math for the net carbs?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Fozzy71,

I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. Could you be more specific? Are you referring to the new macronutrients breakdown graph that was just added to the app?

As to net carbs and fiber, they're not currently displayed in the app, but you could propose it on the Feature Suggestion board where we can vote for it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

The image I attached/linked shows 17% carbs 57% fat and 26% protein on the web page but in the app it is 13% carbs, 59% fat and 28% protein.  I haven't bothered trying to add the food to MFP to see if the app or site is correct as I am sick of their syncing issues.  I believe it is the site that is correct as that was usually the same as my macros on MFP before I gave up on using MFP for food tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for explaining, I see what you're saying now.

By doing the calculations manually against the fitbit.com dashboard data, I get the same macro percentages that the web site reports. The android app only gives percentages and not grams, so it's more difficult to tell. I would probably default to what the web site reports, since it matches up to my math and has been around longer.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

thanks, that is what I thought.  I already have to keep a chrome tab on fitbit when not at home so I can check fiber against carb grams for my net carbs so not a big deal.  hopefully they add grams to the apps and an option for adding fiber or net carbs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Fozzy71 for posting. Would you please let us know which day the screenshot you posted is from? We'd like to dig a little deeper here. Thanks @WavyDavey for all of your help!

Best Answer

That was from yesterday after two meals.  Looking back at yesterday it still didnt match exactly at the end of the day.  Here is today and it is matching so far after 3 meals:

perhaps those 6 uncategorized calories were causing the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes