Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crash on Huawei P30 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upon installing the fitbit app, it seems to work, I am able to use it to connect to my Charge 4.  I can see current heart rate, battery level, etc.

After a while, lets say 15min or an hour, if I go back to my phone and attempt to start the app, I will see the splash screen for a split second before it goes away.  There is no force close message so I'm not sure if its actually crashing.  Viewing LogCat, I see a error: 

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 20 to 18

Trying again, clearing cache, rebooting, does not solve this issue.  I must clear all data.  Ofcourse this means setting up the app again.

Also, when I goto heart rate, it always says "No measurements" even after hours.

I am using the latest version of the app on a Huawei P30 Pro

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @eng3, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. First and because you need the Fitbit app to sync your Charge 4, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced the crash issue and how many times since then? Is your Fitbit app up to date? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using Huawei Mate 20 and the same thing happens when I click on the app. It's fine for an hour or so after installing then when I try to open the app again it crashes. I have to uninstall and reinstall every time I use the app. Please fix this, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, this issue has gone away.  I think it was due to App Launch.  Try going into App Launch and adding an exception for fitbit.  My guess is that App launch kills fitbit in a way that messes it up.  I've never had this issue with any other app.  The only downside is that fitbit does tend to use up battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work lol. I turned on manage manually for the app and after going to sleep and waking up it crashes again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes