Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes when changing cover photo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the Android update was installed and I go to my profile attempting to change my photo or cover photo, the app crashes.  I no longer have the gear icon which allowed me to edit my profile.   Now there are two camera icons and every time I click on them, the app crashes....like 15 times today.  Why is this happening and what can fix it.  I have a Samsung j7 phone.  Everything was fine before the update.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@david865 @WendyB Thanks for reporting this app crash! Our team is aware and investigating. We should have a fix in place in a future app version. I will confirm here when that happens.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I am having the same problem.

I did shut down my phone for a minute. Went back in and still have the same problem.

Both the Cover photo and the Icon

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@david865 @WendyB Thanks for reporting this app crash! Our team is aware and investigating. We should have a fix in place in a future app version. I will confirm here when that happens.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @AlessFitbit!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, AlessFitbit😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@david865 Hey, there! 

If you haven't already done so, please update to the latest version of the Fitbit for Android app version:2.72. This app version contains the fix for this app crash. 

Please let me know how it goes! If you're still seeing this happen after updating let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started having this issue a couple of days ago on Windows 10 app.  Have reinstalled several time and it will be okay for a little while, but then starts crashing again when I open it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bibbie.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Maybe you could try checking if your app is on the latest version available for it. You can click here to read more about the latest version.

Additionally, maybe you could try posting in our Windows 10 board. Since this is the Android board you might not receive the assistance you need. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes