Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community tab is missing in android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to view the community tab anymore in android app, it shows friends tab instead.

How can I get back the new android app?

Update: I have done shutting down my mobile and reinstalling the app. Both didn't work.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @CCGreene, I've been looking this with my teammates and we appreciate all your interest in the new Fitbit Community tab in the Fitbit app! Rest assure this is not an issue with your account.

While some users may not see Community right away, we are working to roll out this feature across customers in the U.S. Please keep an eye out for the new Community tab in your Fitbit app – you should see it soon!

I appreciate all your patience. If you have additional questions just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @ashtp, its nice to see you again. At this time, the Fitbit Community is available only to Fitbit users in the United States. We hope to expand into other regions in the future as it continues to grow this feature, although there is not an specific timeframe. Make sure your Fitbit app is configured for your location if you are in the US.

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the Fitbit community very much and would like to use it on my app. Is it possible to change the settings ( put location=USA or something else) and get the community tab, although I am located in Denmark?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME Thank you for the info.

@ska45 you can change the location by clicking account tab - advanced settings - location.

Best Answer

@ashtp unfortunately it didn't work. I guess I have to wait until Fitbit rolls the feature out internationally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 😉 This works for me flawlessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the US and I cannot find the community tab. Having horrific time syncing - was working just fine and now I am stalled - the Charge is still recording all the information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to Fitbit. I have a Fitbit One and downloaded​ the app on 4-6-17. I'm in the US. I don't see a community tab, only "Friends." When I try to add friends, it only shows me contacts who don't have Fitbit. It will not show me Facebook friends. I cannot find the place in the app to disconnect my Facebook permissions to try again, can't find app settings anywhere. Finally, I cannot add a photo. It simply won't let me; I try and it says cannot load image! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ska45@ashtp@ohynek@L1999, @hmcgee and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @drriverasong.

At this time, the Fitbit Community is available only to Fitbit users in the United States. We hope to expand into other regions in the future, but currently don't have a timeline for expansion.

However if you don't have available this feature and you are located in the US, please review your location settings are correct and you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. To review which version you have which for Android is 2.47, please do the following:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

In your case @drriverasong, if you re still experiencing syncing issues too please review the following  post: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

For you @L1999, review you have the most recent Fitbit app version too. In case you are not able to see your Facebook friends, try these steps kindly share by @rbell85.

stay awesome fellows and if you have more question you can find  me around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem in that I downloaded the 2.47 version for my android but do not have the community tab on my app.  I do live in the U.S. and I would like to use this feature.  Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CCGreene, If you have installed the new version of the Fitbit app and you re located in the US, try to reset your app:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings and access to the App manager option and  look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized again, go back to and try again and your Dashboard should appear as follow:

Screenshot_2017-04-26-07-23-32.jpg

Hope this helps. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME-  I tried your instructions twice and it still did not work.  I do have the 2.47 version of the app.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times.  Every time I do, I then restart my phone.  After that, I go to open the app and it always says the app has stopped and then it says to select report or ok.  I then have to press the app again to start it.  Are there any further steps I can take?  Your help with this is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK so I got the community app to work now as to the syncing issue - it
does sync with my old phone the HTC M8 so I use that to sync now - usually
at the end of the day - certainly not ideal - I'd like it to talk to the A9
but hey one problem solved
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CCGreene and @drriverasong thank you for let me know how it goes.

@drriverasong I'm glad you were able to resolved the issue with the community tab and the syncing issues. Indeed the A9 note is not a compatible device in comparison to the HTC M8. Many device may support the Fitbit app despite is not listed as supported, but we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly.

I'm wondering how were you able to resolved the issue with the community tab? I'm sure your experience will be very helpful.

@CCGreene certainly this is not an expected behavior however there are no reports this is a bug, although I would share this information with my teammates to keep investigating. In the meantime make sure your location in the app is correct.

Go to your Fitbit app, tap in the account button located in the right upper corner, Scroll down and access to your advanced settings. Here make sure to disable the option of Automatic Location and in Select location make sure you have United states. (Note these are the same settings I have on my phone.)

If you have the correct location, as a workaround change to a different location and force quit the app. Go back again and access to your location settings one more time and change it back to United states and force quit once again the Fitbit app.

If the issue persists please feel free to share with me some screenshots of your phone, so I can have a closer look of the issue.

I'll be around in case you need more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME-  I really do appreciate all of your help.  So far, nothing has worked.  My account button is on the bottom right corner.  In fact if you go to the app on the google play store, my home screen looks like the first image that has the friends icon on the bottom instead of the community.  My location has been United States the whole time.  When my husband uses my phone to log in to his account, I can see and use community on my phone.  But when I log into my account, it stills says friends, no community tab.  Not sure what else to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @CCGreene, I've been looking this with my teammates and we appreciate all your interest in the new Fitbit Community tab in the Fitbit app! Rest assure this is not an issue with your account.

While some users may not see Community right away, we are working to roll out this feature across customers in the U.S. Please keep an eye out for the new Community tab in your Fitbit app – you should see it soon!

I appreciate all your patience. If you have additional questions just let me know.

Best Answer

@RobertoME -  As stated earlier, I really do appreciate all of your help with this.  I will just keep my eye out for it as I guess it's not my turn yet.

Thanks for everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm in Hong Kong ... And I did see the Community tab earlier, but it suddenly went missing, and I now see the old view.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but didn't help

Have you enabled Community for any locations apart from US?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in the Philippines. I've had it for maybe a week. Then it went back to friends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes