Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Connection Error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying to link Fitbit with my facebook account to add friends but after logging into Facebook, I only have an options to send emails. I've to revoke access and retry and I would see this message:

• Your Facebook account, Ryan Bell, has been linked to your Fitbit account. Hold tight a moment while we fetch your friend suggestions.

I did notice that after a few minutes, I tried to refresh that page and I received this error:

• Please fix the following errors:

Unable to finish authorizing with Facebook. Received Facebook error response of type OAuthException: This authorization code has been used.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Alright everybody, I think I figured it out... at least for me. After having this issue for weeks and weeks I was finally able to get the connection to Facebook and add facebook friends. Here is what I did:

1.) Unlink your facebook account under the sharing section in Settings.

2.) Log out of Fitbit completly.... you must hit the log out button.

3.) Log back in to Fitbit using Facebook.

After I logged in, I saw my facebook firends list that should have been there the first time. Good luck to everybody with this issue as its kinda hit or miss on finding a solution.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

bump....cant add friends except for email

Best Answer

I agree! This needs to get fixed! I have tried different browsers to see if the issue was with one - but it's definitely just a fitbit-facebook issue.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I really wish they would resolve this issue. 

Best Answer

Same thing happening here! So frustrated trying to find my friend.

Best Answer

On your Dashboard, Go to view the leader board and there should be a link to invite Facebook friends on the right

does it work

If it doesnt telll me il think of somethinng else.

Regards

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer
0 Votes
there is no option to find facebook friends. The only option is by email.
Best Answer

Mine is having the same issues. I cannot add people through my facebook, email only!

Best Answer

Alright everybody, I think I figured it out... at least for me. After having this issue for weeks and weeks I was finally able to get the connection to Facebook and add facebook friends. Here is what I did:

1.) Unlink your facebook account under the sharing section in Settings.

2.) Log out of Fitbit completly.... you must hit the log out button.

3.) Log back in to Fitbit using Facebook.

After I logged in, I saw my facebook firends list that should have been there the first time. Good luck to everybody with this issue as its kinda hit or miss on finding a solution.

Best Answer

Tried your solution twice with no luck. Boo.

Best Answer

Did yours ever fix? Mine still will not show friends

Best Answer

Nope. Commented on their fb page and got a "we're looking into it" reply.

Best Answer

I sent in a case 8 days ago about this issue but still it has not worked. I'm open to any tricks to try and fix it. The one about unlinking did not work for me.

Best Answer

I tried your solution but it didn't work for me. Thanks, though. I wish Fitbit would fix this.

Best Answer

I wish I could connect my fitbit to facebook.  It would be so much fun to find my friends there and invite them to participate....has anyone else got a suggestion?  When I tried to connect I got a message about not being able to do this and it gave me an "authorization" error.  Could anyone help with this problem?

Best Answer

Didn't work for me either

Best Answer