Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App does not allow me to change cover picture

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried many times to set my profile and cover photos it takes me through the cropping process and i jit save but it doesn't set also tried to write in the "about me" area it wont save either

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Breakinasweat, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. If you are having troubles to update your cover picture and writing about yourself in the pp, make sure you are running the latest version of the app for Android device. (Which is 2.80.1 to the date of this post) For more detail about versions of the Android app take a look at this link: What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

Clear the App cache:

If you have this version, please log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi deleted cache, but still get issue.

Phone: galaxy s7 SM-G930F

App version: 2.52

Best Answer

Hello @BornBede, good to see you again. I'm wondering if you are getting an error when you try to change the cover picture?

I've tried to replicate the issue, however I was able to change the cover by a JPEG format picture. So make sure the format is accepted for this to work.

As last resource, try to uninstall and reinstall the app, just make sure to sync your tracker before you proceed.

See you around until the next time!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep having trouble sending messages through my Fitbit app.  I have cleared my cache, can send a message, but then can't send another until I clear my cache again.

Best Answer

Why is this an issue?  I see posts all over this site with the same or similar issue.

Best Answer