Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing map after performing the activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I complete a tracked exercise (walk)  on the App ( Android) there are three options.
Map, Impact & Recent.

Only Impact works. Map displays nothing and Recent just goes into an endless loop.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @KeithSloan, thanks for stopping by! The connected GPS feature on Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Charge 3, and Fitbit Versa works with the GPS sensors in your nearby phone. To get GPS data, including pace and route for your workout, you must select a GPS exercise from the Exercise app on your device and bring a GPS-enabled phonewith you. We recommend turning off Wi-Fi on your phone when using connected GPS to improve the experience.

When you choose a GPS exercise, your device vibrates when your phone finds a GPS signal. If your phone doesn't find a signal immediately, keep in mind that environmental factors including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. 

For best results, wait for your phone to find the signal before you start your workout. However, if you don't want to wait you can start your workout and GPS tracking begins when your phone finds a signal. 

Note that your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a GPS signal. In this scenario, your total distance calculated for the workout may be slightly less accurate than if GPS data were available for the entire duration. For more information, see How accurate is GPS?

Requirements:

• Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and your tracker is connected (paired) to the phone. To confirm, go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and make sure you see Charge 3 on the list of devices.
  • (Android only) The Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
  • You selected an exercise type from the Exercise app that uses connected GPS. To check on Charge 3, swipe up on any exercise and check that Use Phone GPS is listed and set to On.
  • Your phone is within about 30 feet of your device.
  • Your phone can identify your location and can track your location when you're not using Wi-Fi. For more information on which phone settings you may need to adjust, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?
  • (Android only) If your mobile device is running Android 6.0 or later, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?

Troubleshooting:

After verifying all the requirements, try using GPS again by following the instructions in How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

If you're still having difficulty, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app to reestablish a connection with your tracker.
  2. Reboot your phone.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Understand what you are saying and should use tracker initiated walk, but what is the point of having the functions Map, Impact and  Recent on the App if Map and Recent don't work, other than BAD design and in the case of Recent that just goes into an endless loop BAD coding. Given the app is running on the phone which has GPS why does the Map not work? other than a failing by Fitbit developers. After all the map gets uploaded to the server when one next syncs, so again why offer the option in the app if the function is not going to be implemented.

Yours, exasperated at Fitbits lack of professionalism when it comes to software.

Moderator edit: font

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @KeithSloan! Thanks for bringing this up! By reading your post I'm guessing that you're on Android phone, right?

Our team is aware of this situation and it is being looked into. While at this moment we do not have any news or updates on the matter, we'll be sure to let everyone know once we do have any news.

I've moved your post to the Android App as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi Maria

Yes, you are correct I use the App on an Android Phone.

I assume it is recognised as a bug. Is this the correct place to report bugs?.

Best Answer
0 Votes