Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge hr hasn't synced in over a week.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I try to sync but it just spins on the syncing page. I've tried all the usual  tips and it's still not working. Phone is a note 4 and is updated regularly as is the app. Any ideas?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I'm having same issue with my Ionic . Won't sync.  Last showing synced Monday .  Nothing is registering to my Fitbit all week showing 0 counts on everything.   I've tried everything and still nothing .very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! Mine hasn't been able to sync since June 6th.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By any chance have you installed the FitBit app onto any other mobile device?

If you have, try turning the Bluetooth off on any other device you have the app installed on and try to sync again.

I use my tablet to view my results that I sync to my phone. If I forget to turn Bluetooth off on my tablet my phone absolutely will not sync until Bluetooth is turned off. 

Your tracker does not need to be listed in your mobile devices Bluetooth settings for it to sync and interfere with syncing on other devices.

Best Answer

The only place i have the app is on my phone. Now i cant get the **ahem** thing to switch off,  thought trying to reset might work but sadly no. I think its the end of the line for this Charge HR!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you did the reset did you also remove the tracker from your account and add it back upon app installation?

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's not the issue for me, there is nothing else bluetooth turned on
right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed it from my account and it won't re add. It's accepted the on screen code but now it's just spinning on connecting . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would say that would be a clear indicator the tracker is on it's last leg if not crawling around trying to survive. 

When I gave my wife my Charge 2 when I got the Special Edition Charge 2 adding the tracker took a really really long time. I had to reset the tracker a few times before it took. Then I was having issues with her tracker finding it's way back onto my devices Bluetooth settings, not the app, which was keeping my new tracker from connecting. I ended up getting in my car and driving to the store to complete the process.

The way Fitbit handles their data concerns me as it seems the tracker connects over the internet without a direct connection to the tracker. I found this out on my tablet when I NEVER connected the tracker to it but it can somehow sync. The tracker is not listed in the Bluetooth setting on the tablet so I know for sure Fitbit is using some other method to sync other than a direct connection.

Sorry I kind of went off topic but I hope you don't have to replace your tracker and it will find it's way back onto your device.

Another thing you might try is a newer device. I have MANY older devices that other Bluetooth devices use to sync to until the app developers updated the app using newer APIs, android developer stuff, but also, and the important part, removed older APIs so older devices no longer functioned as expected.

I suspect this hidden connection Fitbit is creating over the internet will make the app itself susceptible to malfunctions in older devices after the app is updated. This could make the tracker seem to be the issue when its the app/device that would really be causing the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got it working! Uninstalled it, tried several times to reconnect it but it was just spinning 'connecting'.    Then I used a technical manoeuvre called the overhand lob 😂 and it has connected and synced! 

* I don't recommend anybody rage throwing their tracker , had mine since 2015, thought it was busted anyways.

Best Answer

Awesome! I'm glad you're back up and running.

Best Answer

I'll have to give that a shot!  Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, @Brneyedgirl@Nadinedc and thank you for all your input here @chogardjr. My apologies for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? I couldn't  help to read you are experiencing syncing issues and thank you for all the steps you have tried on your own.

If the issue continue, please review this help article. It might provide you some extra help: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

On top of this recommendations do not forget to update your Fitbit app to the most recent version.

If the issue continue try to reset the app itself: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version). Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Something important to clarify here, is that the tracker do not sync directly with Wifi or mobile data. Although this statement is not entirely true. Let me explain why; this is because is true the tracker will only sync with bluetooth. However once the data is uploaded either with Wifi or mobile data. Your information is uploaded to our servers, from here the information is spread to all the devices where is installed the Fitbit app. This function is similar to a cloud service mechanic to give you an example and this should not interfere with the sync process.

See you all around and stay tuned if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on my hr and got a new versa. Which is now giving me ghost steps when its charging. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes