Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App update not available for me?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The update is not available for me?

I have been a Fitbit user since 2015.

My app is showing wildly wrong info.  Even my sleep today showed me waking 1/2  hour after I actually got out of bed.

I have Android 9.0.  Does this mean that Fitbit is telling me that they no longer want me as their customer?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I checked this with Fitbit and the app is available for Android 8.0 or higher. The Android 10.0 requirements on the website is a mistake. 

You will get 3.65 on Android 8, but you might need to wait, it is rolled out slowly. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I’m not sure if the update is available or not @Cporantes. I’m not versed on all the different operating systems each different mobile device has but you can look to see if Android 9.0 is compatible here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

‘My understanding is that the 3.65 Fitbit App Version has been released. If your phone is compatible I’m sure you will receive the update soon. I’m sure it’s rolled out in fragments 

More info can be found here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-Fitbit-app-3-65-is-now-available-08-10-22/m-p/52...

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the post that announces update 3.65 , it's specifically says for Android 10 only.

When I go to the Google App Store, the update is not available.

Best Answer

I’m sorry @Cporantes 😕 Do you happen to have any other mobile device or tablet you can use? I have an Android phone myself but I have installed the Fitbit App on my iPad instead as I feel it’s more convenient for me. Just a thought. 

I’ve been a member not any where as long as you. I joined in 2018. But with all that said I can certainly understand your frustration and the feelings of abandonment. I don’t work for Fitbit (I’m just a volunteer) so I have no knowledge as to why things are decided they way they are. 

I wish I had a better answer for you but I’m afraid I don’t 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No.  I do not use any tablets.  I have my cell phone with me all of the
time.  I use it all day long.   Being required to go to a desktop
computer to see my statistics is archaic and inconvenient.
Best Answer

Hi @Cporantes  - the version I see currently available in the playstore is 3.64.5 for Android 8 or above. Though if you can avoid installing so much the better as it may stop notifications working from a bug in it.

A new version of the app will not change the recorded measurements.

A resolution to improve your watch working would be to restart it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit device that used an app which was advertised as compatible with my phone.

Fitbit then broke the app, and said the fix is available on a new version of the app that is not compatible with my phone.

This is a problem. It'd be lovely if someone from Fitbit would just acknowledge this. Or at least give us an option for a rollback, so that we can use our Fitbit devices how they were advertised to us. I literally had ZERO problems with it before May and loved my entire experience. Nothing but problems since then.

Best Answer

I don't see any update either, and I have Android 12.

Best Answer

I checked this with Fitbit and the app is available for Android 8.0 or higher. The Android 10.0 requirements on the website is a mistake. 

You will get 3.65 on Android 8, but you might need to wait, it is rolled out slowly. 

Best Answer

My Pixel 4a is running Android 12 and it is not updating my Premium version which is 3.64 (36419051).   The funny thing is that LizzyFitbit keeps says that we can read the update details but all they say most of the time is that they've fixed the bugs ... so I already know what the next "update" will claim to have done (LOL).

Best Answer