Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App vs Website

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The number of steps showing in my app on a Samsung android device is vastly different than what shows on the Fitbit site.  The app should be the correct amount of steps while the website is vastly undercounted.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Redbrian, welcome, before making a comparison you need to ensure your Fitbit app has just been synced. You can manually sync your Fitbit app by sliding your finger down the "Today" screen & releasing. Once you have synced, the device, the app & online dashboard should all be showing the same data, you might need to give it a few minutes.

I hope this helps, if you are still stuck please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

It's not uncommon to encounter disparities in data between mobile apps and their corresponding web platforms, and this issue extends beyond fitness apps. Many applications face challenges in synchronization, leading to discrepancies in user data across devices. Fitness apps, in particular, have been in need of updates that align better with contemporary requirements. As technology evolves, the demand for seamless integration and real-time data accuracy has become increasingly crucial. I recently came across an insightful article on trends in fitness app development at https://computools.com/trends-in-fitness-app-development/. It discusses how the fitness tech industry is adapting to the modern landscape, addressing issues like gamification, home fitness integration, and the importance of personalization. These trends indicate a positive shift towards creating more user-centric and technologically advanced fitness experiences.

Best Answer